Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

0 Not allowed!

Okay so I guess what your after is a song band that we rate but others may not have heard of as such I give you Beth Jean Horton who I first was made aware of when I found she had written a song which included Dodecahedron in the lyrics I was hooked

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Shazam is your new best mate here. Don't leave home without it! Every second bar in Brighton town boasts an ambient soundtrack of tunes you've never heard before and will likely never hear again. Foreign jaunts offer equally rich new and evocative pickings. Discovered the medieval war dance of Corvus Corax in a castle in Austria, deep house twist on Game Of Thrones of Mahmut Orhan in a club in Samos and - best of all - the haunting lilting Lykke Li in 30 degrees of frost in the Arctic Circle. Here's one of her's. It's beautiful

Lovely stuff. Beautiful indeed. Never heard of it either.
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      Walked into a CD store in Reykjavik and they were playing a song I really liked the sound of. I asked who it was and they said it was Fjallabræður, and that they were just 50 or 60 guys who liked to make music. I bought the CD and ever since have followed them on Facebook, where they often stream their rehearsals live. My favourite Icelandic male voice rock band. You never know what you'll get with them, that's for sure.

The song I heard doesn't seem to have made it to YouTube so I'll have to remedy that, but in the meantime, here's another, picked at random.

Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      . - the haunting lilting Lykke Li in 30 degrees of frost in the Arctic Circle.
      If you havent already, give last years album so sad so sexy a listen, i downloaded it tonight, its all rather good, nice find