Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Quirky stadiums

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cool thread.
Eriskay, a stadium of rocks.

_106359038_andrewbulloch.jpg
Interesting as that ground is, it's not a stadium is it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Been there several times, must admit I don't recall a hedge.

I do remember turning up one afternoon and getting an absolute SOAKING in the away end, it pissed down for the whole game. I also recall being utterly agog at the size of Peter Brezovan, who could touch the crossbar without even jumping. It was his Albion debut, I think he saved a pen that day as well.

Struggling to remember when it was, but fair to say it was a long time back. I think they only had 3 sides of the ground, at the time, as they were tearing down the stand to our right as we looked. Don't have a strong recollection of the day, but I distinctly remember seeing the ball sail over my head at into the hedge at the back of the terrace.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I was just looking at stadiums, I'm a bit of a train spotter with stadia, love them quirky. There is one where one side is basically a mountain/cliff edge. A Scottish pro side is literally on the beach. And another where a railway runs underneath it I believe.

Arbroath

arbroath.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Google says that (was) in Olympiapark, Munich.

If we're posting random finds from the internet:

p2y8jf3pq1c11.jpg

Could be, I picked it up from a Sheffield forum, although not random, I've seen it many times online before.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Struggling to remember when it was, but fair to say it was a long time back. I think they only had 3 sides of the ground, at the time, as they were tearing down the stand to our right as we looked. Don't have a strong recollection of the day, but I distinctly remember seeing the ball sail over my head at into the hedge at the back of the terrace.

Definitely was a hedge at Exeter, probably through to the 70s.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here