Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Quirky stadiums

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Brentford's new ground due to space constraints is a little weird looking.

D8oroHeX4AI2SXa.jpg

From [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]BFCDrone on Twitter

Attachments

• D9wqK-_XkAIpE0j.jpg
    D9wqK-_XkAIpE0j.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 587

That looks like it's going to be the closest ground to a National Rail station (presuming that's what it is).

Sadly, I have learned that Forest Green Rovers plans for this all wooden Stadium have been rejected by the planning authorities.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/8306...jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&
I'm pleased because they already have a lovely and adequate ground yet the hypocrites wanted to build another one on environmental grounds ???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Eidi-Stadium%252C-Faroe-Islands-007.jpg

Eidi Stadium in the Faroe Islands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I absolutely love Wrigley field, really old rickety stadium that looks amazing from the outside. And most of all, that stands that sit on the roofs of buildings that overlook the stadium. Absolutely brilliant.

5443F034-4F93-49D6-9443-FD4A7ADD5649.jpeg

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I absolutely love Wrigley field, really old rickety stadium that looks amazing from the outside. And most of all, that stands that sit on the roofs of buildings that overlook the stadium. Absolutely brilliant.

View attachment 112003

I visited one of the Wrigley Rooftops last year to watch a game, awesome experience.

Umm, the mighty Belper Town's Christchurch Meadow also ticks that box :)
I went there for the FA Vase semi against Oxford City but didn't notice anything of particular interest!

I'm not sure where this stadium is but it staged this week's friendly or minor tournament match between Syria and North Korea. The designer seems to have forgotten the slopey bit in the stand behind the goal! In fact it looks like all the prime viewing space has been wasted...
Screenshot_20190708-155407.png
Screenshot_20190708-155243.png
Screenshot_20190708-155607.png

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm not sure where this stadium is but it staged this week's friendly or minor tournament match between Syria and North Korea. The designer seems to have forgotten the slopey bit in the stand behind the goal! In fact it looks like all the prime viewing space has been wasted...

A quick google search shows that it is The Arena by TransStadia in Ahmedabad. It is a convertible stadium.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Yep, the Arena Stadium in Ahmedabad. It is definitely quirky with a pitch side infinity pool! You can also watch the action from your hotel bed... or perhaps the idea is that those in attendance watch the action in the hotel bed...

the_arena_by_transstadia10.jpg

the_arena_by_transstadia09.jpg

the_arena_by_transstadia03.jpg

the_arena_by_transstadia04.jpg

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Struggling to remember when it was, but fair to say it was a long time back. I think they only had 3 sides of the ground, at the time, as they were tearing down the stand to our right as we looked. Don't have a strong recollection of the day, but I distinctly remember seeing the ball sail over my head at into the hedge at the back of the terrace.
Definitely had a flower bed at one stage, could well have been a hedge too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I went there for the FA Vase semi against Oxford City but didn't notice anything of particular interest!

Derwent Valley Mills, the site runs from Matlock Bath to Derby - If you ever want to see some fascinating history around some of the catalysts of the industrial revolution, you know where to go. Oh, and as you know, you can catch a game at Christchurch Meadows as well :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here