Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club email with link to all news items?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Does anyone have a link for where I can subscribe to a link to receive an email with links to all news items that are on the website?

I ask because I am subscribed to the newsletter, which comes out monthly (I think), but that doesn't contain links to all the club news items - for example, I've received no communication with a link to the articles about FA Cup dates to make sure I don't miss a game due to booking a holiday for ostensibly a free weekend only to find out later that it was FA Cup R3 :shootself, TV announcement dates, Maty Ryan celebrating being here for 2 years, etc...

I've had a look on the website and on the ticketing site, and can only find a link to the monthly newsletter.

TIA

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone have a link for where I can subscribe to a link to receive an email with links to all news items that are on the website?

I ask because I am subscribed to the newsletter, which comes out monthly (I think), but that doesn't contain links to all the club news items - for example, I've received no communication with a link to the articles about FA Cup dates to make sure I don't miss a game due to booking a holiday for ostensibly a free weekend only to find out later that it was FA Cup R3 :shootself, TV announcement dates, Maty Ryan celebrating being here for 2 years, etc...

I've had a look on the website and on the ticketing site, and can only find a link to the monthly newsletter.

TIA

https://www.northstandchat.com/forum.php

With the added bonus of help with your lawn.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Their facebook account shows new stories if that helps?

yeah, and probably twitter too, if I cba.

I'm really looking fr a passive way of seeing the title of all new articles and then clicking thru to read the article if I'm interested. I'm a very sporadic Twitter user, and a once a year FB user, whereas I see my email account many times a day.

I'm basically lazy, I know. I could just look at the website daily - but that's (very minor) PITA...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really? Excellent!

There's a lie in what I wrote, of sorts. It's something I've been planning for about five seasons now, and failed to deliver on.

But, like you, I hardly ever look at twitter. My usage is generally limited to around an hour before and after each Albion game and I don't ever look at Facebook in any way now either. So I figured if I could benefit from a daily Albion news update, others probably could too.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There's a lie in what I wrote, of sorts. It's something I've been planning for about five seasons now, and failed to deliver on.

But, like you, I hardly ever look at twitter. My usage is generally limited to around an hour before and after each Albion game and I don't ever look at Facebook in any way now either. So I figured if I could benefit from a daily Albion news update, others probably could too.

Fair enough. An email is the 10/10 solution for me, but I assume that would have to come from the club? A thread/page/sub-forum on NSC with the same stuff is a 9.5/10 solution - not sure what implementation plan you have thought of/will think of.

I'd certainly use it if it was there.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If the club news section had RSS it would be a trivial matter to set it up so new articles got emailed out but I don't think it does have.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If the club news section had RSS it would be a trivial matter to set it up so new articles got emailed out but I don't think it does have.

An opportunity for [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION], perhaps?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It used to.

https://www.northstandchat.com/forumdisplay.php?60-Albion-in-the-news

Screenshot 2019-06-17 at 15.59.48.png

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I used to use that occasionally - but didn't it link to local rag (Argus? Eastbourne Herald?) pieces, rather than the club website? I think it did - so I was never sure if I was seeing all the articles, and I had to put up with pop-up ads up the wazoo every time I clicked...

It linked to all those sources, ie news sites AND the club website as and when each published something new to their RSS feed.

That screenshot shows some of the club news articles it picked up way back when.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here