Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Top Gear 2019

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I did see that Dion Dublin was a pundit at the Women's World Cup. But then i suppose that he's always been a big hit with the ladies.

So was Stan Collymore ... wasn't he?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Never was a fan even in it's " heyday " , it's just boys shouting a lot and laughing at each other with some cars, nowhere near as important as Dr Who.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find Flintoff likeable and watchable, he speaks very honestly. Enjoyed his input on that pod with Savage and Syed, he comes across well.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I gave it a go having stopped watching the first time that ginger numpty started shouting at me and I never went back.

Took the plunge for the new series mainly because of Freddie and I thought it was pretty good. Nowhere close to the Clarkson, Hammond & May days of course but at least I will watch it again now.

Could you imagine Clarkson and co accepting a female on their show,however its hardly a show that would interestmany women

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Watched the show yesterday evening after recording it Sunday.

By that time I had heard and read quite a bit of feedback from the media and public alike, got to say that a large majority had many a good word to say about the new trio as do I. Flintoff and McGuinness fitted seamlessly into the show with friendly banter, mostly aimed at Harris (playing the straight man/fall guy) and they looked at ease which of course helps the viewer feel relaxed too.

The Top Gear format has been tweaked slightly but it has never needed to be altered drastically anyway, it's all about the cars and some laddish banter, although I agree someone akin to Samantha Quek could be a great addition to the show.

Anyway, I'm glad the new show has been mostly well received and I hope it goes from strength to strength, with maybe an additional tweak from time to time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just watched E2 of the current series, the electric car one, and I have to say its just cracking entertainment. McGuinness and Flintoff do come out with some pleasing zingers when it comes to put-downs, and the trio are finding a real chemistry where they can bounce off each other. The Tesla electric car test against the petrols on the track was interesting and a real eye-opener, a well put together report.

I'm surprised and happy to say, Sunday nights viewing just got a whole lot better (even though I, err, watched it on Wednesday).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here