Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Top Gear 2019

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
See it's getting an absolute mauling on social media for it's lack of a female presenter in the new line up. Is a bit of a shocking oversight in this day and age, Samantha Quek said she'd have been interested but wasn't asked. More bad headlines for the BBC.

:facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if thats all they complain, programme ok?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah they need screechy over excitable Vicky Butler Henderson back

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
See it's getting an absolute mauling on social media for it's lack of a female presenter in the new line up. Is a bit of a shocking oversight in this day and age, Samantha Quek said she'd have been interested but wasn't asked. More bad headlines for the BBC.

Brilliant. If THAT is the big complaint then it must be a pretty good show. I caught about the last 15 mins, and enjoyed it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

I'm sure she would love to do it and get the wage packet that goes with it. However I had never heard of her and Googled her to find she's a hockey player.

Hardly got the media pull of Freddie etc.. I don't like cricket but even I've heard of FF.

Maybe the best person for the job wasn't female. Shock. Horror. (Even in this day and age).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
amusing on Points of View there was a complaint about Womens football having all female pundits. perhaps Radio 4 Women's Hour should have a few men focused slots?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
amusing on Points of View there was a complaint about Womens football having all female pundits. perhaps Radio 4 Women's Hour should have a few men focused slots?

I did see that Dion Dublin was a pundit at the Women's World Cup. But then i suppose that he's always been a big hit with the ladies.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's nothing on this planet that can't be improved with more Samantha Quek.

Other than Samantha Quek, of course.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I enjoyed it, thought it was very good.

So if no woman presenter then presumably Rip-Off Briton should have a male presenter or am I reading this wrong ?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Do they not usually have fit birds behind the presenters in the hanger studio?
No pleasing some people

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watched this last night, and thought it was pretty good. Flintoff and McGuinness have a good patter going, but I do find Chris irritating. He's clearly the stooge of the trio who is on the receiving end of most of the "bants" from the other two, who have naturally teamed up as the northerners of the group. I was trying to place who Chris reminded me of, and then it came to me - he speaks and behaves uncannily like nerdy Will from The Inbetweeners. He needs to grow a pair, and start giving as good as he's getting.

Anyway, it does seem a BIT less scripted this time round, and as usual it was stunningly shot, especially the trek across Ethiopia. They seem to have binned off the 'Star in a resonably priced car' as well, which is no bad thing. We also didn't see Stig taking the cars round the track either, they just read out the times. Again, good stuff, there's only so many times you can see cars doing laps and it still to be interesting. Think I'll keep tabs on it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So relieved it was good. A fundamental part of my weekly viewing has been restored.

I think they have struck gold with that trio.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

No one gives a shit except the minority shouty mob that infest all social media

nothing to see here

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No one gives a shit except the minority shouty mob that infest all social media

nothing to see here

4E8FA00900000578-0-image-a-8_1532537691790.jpg

I wouldn't have minded too much.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I gave it a go having stopped watching the first time that ginger numpty started shouting at me and I never went back.

Took the plunge for the new series mainly because of Freddie and I thought it was pretty good. Nowhere close to the Clarkson, Hammond & May days of course but at least I will watch it again now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here