Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carabao Cup

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
A sad state of affairs when a game between a Bristol (team) and Brighton is considered tin pot

We really have got too big for our boots already
Even if we drew say Soton or Burnley the apathy on here would be the same
It seems to me,unless we draw a top 6 team nobodies interested

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You do realise that some random person has just uploaded that? It's not International Internet Law.

We're talking about the fart song here, in any case, and it was inky pinky in Yorkshire too.

You might be. Never heard of it.

http://www.musicanet.org/robokopp/english/armentir.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mademoiselle_from_Armentières
http://www.worldwar1.com/dbc/music.htm
http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/old-english-songs/mademoiselle-from-armentieres.htm
etc, etc, etc.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A sad state of affairs when a game between a Bristol (team) and Brighton is considered tin pot

I'd have been very interested if it had been at the Amex.

Away midweek, probably not on TV ? Not so much.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A sad state of affairs when a game between a Bristol (team) and Brighton is considered tin pot.
Too big for our boots?
1). It's the Carabao Cup;
2). Although we're in a higher division than Bristol Rovers, they won't see us as anything special - to them we won't be a 'proper' PL team, not like they've drawn a big one.
3). We are very likely to field a very different team (weaker) from one we would pick for a league match.

It seems to me, unless we draw a top 6 team nobodies interested.
Probably exactly what most gasheads are thinking.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

No I think it's more to do with the Competition rather than the opponent. I don't think we'll be on the box as their are other big giant killing games that would be more attractive. I'm glad its at Rovers so hopefully they can make some money out of it and who knows, could well knock us out if we're not careful.

Team could be interesting, I should imagine Potter would want to give a game to the other players in the squad who haven't played yet or have minimal minutes. So I think it will be:

Button

Baluta - Webster - Balogun

Sanders - Alzate - Mooy - Bong

Ali J - Connolly - Locadia

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'd have been very interested if it had been at the Amex.

Away midweek, probably not on TV ? Not so much.

If your talking about getting to the actual game,that's fair enough

But not interested in the actual tie all together
Then I don't understand that

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
And what Cup have we ever bloody won
We should be interested

Absolutely we should be interested. I have a feeling Potter will be interested in giving both cups a good go, too, albeit playing weaker teams in the early rounds im sure, but our squad has a fair bit of depth now

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No I think it's more to do with the Competition rather than the opponent. I don't think we'll be on the box as their are other big giant killing games that would be more attractive. I'm glad its at Rovers so hopefully they can make some money out of it and who knows, could well knock us out if we're not careful.

Team could be interesting, I should imagine Potter would want to give a game to the other players in the squad who haven't played yet or have minimal minutes. So I think it will be:

Button

Baluta - Webster - Balogun

Sanders - Alzate - Mooy - Bong

Ali J - Connolly - Locadia
I'd rather give Taylor Richards a chance than hauling Locadia 2.0 over to Bristol when he could be preparing for Man City away.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bristol Rovers now have Clarke-Harris who scored for Coventry at the Amex in the cup.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's just a tin-pot cup tie, not a huge interest for either side. Surely getting tickets won't be a problem - probably be able to turn up and pay on the gate, surely?

Judging by the interest on here it will be very popular with our supporters and looking at a Bristol Rovers forum they are absolutely buzzing at an EPL giant turning up at the Memorial Ground, it's like Christmas has come early for them.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's hinky dinky, not inky pinky!

Must be a regional variation. It was inky-pinky where I grew up in Kent.

Not really, you can't have regional variations of a lyric. There's the lyric as written, or something different. Bit like singing God save the Queen as God save the King with the Kent variation. But hey, can't imagine anyone else gives a stuff apart from me and I'm the worst for mishearing a lyric:)

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I hope it is not of huge interest, as it is one of the closer games for me. Hopefully it will get to MyAlbion membership and I'll get a ticket.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here