Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Maradona Film

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Saw it yesterday. By the makers of Senna.

Flawed genius or drug addled cheat?

Didn't realise the extent of how much he was 'owned' by the Camorra (Napoli mafia).

Nice to see Terry Fenwick give him an elbow to the face off the ball during THAT match.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Saw it yesterday. By the makers of Senna.

Flawed genius or drug addled cheat?

Didn't realise the extent of how much he was 'owned' by the Camorra (Napoli mafia).

Nice to see Terry Fenwick give him an elbow to the face off the ball during THAT match.

Is the film any good? Is it worth a watch?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Talking of movies, saw Stan and Ollie yesterday. Fantastic film brilliantly acted.

Where can I get to see this Maradona movie?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I’m off to see this on Wednesday. I hesitated because I ****ing hate him but I have an Odeon limitless membership, there nothing much else on and it looks interesting. Besides, if I avoided everyone I think is a ****, I’d never come on NSC. And nobody wants that :)

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
I’m off to see this on Wednesday. I hesitated because I ****ing hate him but I have an Odeon limitless membership, there nothing much else on and it looks interesting. Besides, if I avoided everyone I think is a ****, I’d never come on NSC. And nobody wants that :)

It's a good watch. I had the same reservations as you, but it doesn't in any way attempt to portray him as anything other than the complete f*** up of a person that he is.

A god given talent, but by god didn't he waste it.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I really believe that Maradona used steroids and cocaine to enhance his performance during his career.
He suffered from same type of heart problems that relate to steroid use.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I really believe that Maradona used steroids and cocaine to enhance his performance during his career.
He suffered from same type of heart problems that relate to steroid use.

giphy.gif

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Second best player in the world ever (behind the current little Argentinian). I can't hate him, he's too beautiful to watch. And I still blame Shilton.
I'll be watching it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Second best player in the world ever (behind the current little Argentinian). I can't hate him, he's too beautiful to watch. And I still blame Shilton.
I'll be watching it.

That’s exactly how I feel.

The relationship between him and Neapolitans is something quite unique and I believe is something the film focuses heavily on. According to the director it all changed for him and started going downhill after he denied a lovechild son which is something I never knew. Can’t wait to see it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The complete Latin American footballer: an abundance of flair, insanely self-obsessed, a cheat, a womaniser, bouts of violence, involvement with criminals, he gained and lost a fortune, a descent into drugs and despair.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Can't stand the cheating fat prick and I won't watch this shyt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here