Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 159
  1. #71
    Members The Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    West is BEST
    Posts
    9,939


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don’t like cyclists, unreasonable and wrong, but there you are. I give them plenty of room, I don’t abuse them or cut them up either. The arrogance (imo) of quite a few of them over the years has coloured my views I admit.

    My opinion was cast in stone when in London, watching a group of who tourists were trying to cross the road and were in the cycle lane about to cross when a cyclist arrived cycling at full tilt and swerving through them, whilst abusing and swearing at them, summed up so many of them, from my experience. Entitled ****.

    I won’t bang on about the ones at Level crossings who pull to the front and then cycle slowly once the gates go up.
    Yeah. I want to like them. Everything on paper says they are a good thing. Cycling is a good thing. But what a bunch of cvnts.
    Love Great Britain
    Love the EU
    Love Inclusion and Progression.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      50,465


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yeah. I want to like them. Everything on paper says they are a good thing. Cycling is a good thing. But what a bunch of cvnts.
      Then get us away from the road, pedestrians and everybody will be happy, yes?


      No.

      Because now we're in car parking spaces.
      Car door opening spaces.
      Ruining local businesses. (#Lies)

      The internal combustion engine is king, in this country, because we are all to jealous, selfish and narrowminded.
      The car is king right up until the point it has killed everybody, that day can't come soon enough.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #73
      A. Virgo, Football Genius
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      26,116


      1 Not allowed!
      problem with cycle lanes is they are seen as a end in themselves. making cycle lanes, will make more cyclist? not really. but the authorities think this or are told to do this, so they do it half baked. cycle lanes should be specific routes to facilitate easier cycling between points, just like with do with rail or major trunk roads for that matter. then revert to the regular road network.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
    • #74
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      9,939


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Then get us away from the road, pedestrians and everybody will be happy, yes?


      No.

      Because now we're in car parking spaces.
      Car door opening spaces.
      Ruining local businesses. (#Lies)

      The internal combustion engine is king, in this country, because we are all to jealous, selfish and narrowminded.
      The car is king right up until the point it has killed everybody, that day can't come soon enough.
      Believe me, I don’t agree with me. I totally concur that cycling is a good thing. To bend a cliche, some of my best friends cycle and cycle often, both to work and for pure recreation. I like the whole concept. But once out on the road, I hate them.
      Everything you say is correct. You are right. I am wrong. I know this.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.
    • #75
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      54,092


      0 Not allowed!
      Its the cvnts who cycle along side by side so that they can have a little chit-chat that really boil my piss. I had one of those muppets in front of me when I was driving over the bridge going out of Shoreham High Street about a week ago. Typical lycra-clad GOON in wrap-around sunnies, smack in the middle of the road so he could chat with his mate. There was no way past, so I gave him a blast on the horn and eventually got past him at the roundabout - naturally to a gobful of abuse and gestures.

      Some of them are utter vermin.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #76
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      50,465


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      problem with cycle lanes is they are seen as a end in themselves. making cycle lanes, will make more cyclist? not really. but the authorities think this or are told to do this, so they do it half baked. cycle lanes should be specific routes to facilitate easier cycling between points, just like with do with rail or major trunk roads for that matter. then revert to the regular road network.
      During its construction I did mock this particular 'route to nowhere' for those very reasons.
      Plus, as already mentioned, it just stops at a bushy grass verge.

      When properly out riding I do cycle around the path, but that said I am using it more now.
      Unsurprisingly though this '2 lane' cycle path is already overgrown and in places down to one lane no passing, imagine that on roads!


      Chances are it has a more sinister reason for being there that being a large expand of open farm land between 2 massive new housing developments.

      We all know what that means - more cars.
      Last edited by Stat Brother; 17-06-2019 at 11:47.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #77
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      50,465


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Believe me, I don’t agree with me. I totally concur that cycling is a good thing. To bend a cliche, some of my best friends cycle and cycle often, both to work and for pure recreation. I like the whole concept. But once out on the road, I hate them.
      Everything you say is correct. You are right. I am wrong. I know this.
      Yep I wonder how many cyclists actively want to share road space with a bus?
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #78
      Members Notters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Guiseley
      Posts
      23,144


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Its the cvnts who cycle along side by side so that they can have a little chit-chat that really boil my piss. I had one of those muppets in front of me when I was driving over the bridge going out of Shoreham High Street about a week ago. Typical lycra-clad GOON in wrap-around sunnies, smack in the middle of the road so he could chat with his mate. There was no way past, so I gave him a blast on the horn and eventually got past him at the roundabout - naturally to a gobful of abuse and gestures.

      Some of them are utter vermin.
      Like you're supposed to you mean? You've gone down in my estimation with this post.

      And what have the wrap around sunnies got to do with anything? These are required to stop flies smashing into your eyeballs at 30mph as I've found out to my cost!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
    • #79
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      49,993


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The car is king right up until the point it has killed everybody, that day can't come soon enough.
      Seen a few cyclists who seem to have a death wish but this is the most extreme incarnation I’ve seen
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
    • #80
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Somerset
      Posts
      4,490


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Perhaps the cycle lane is unkempt, littered with brambles and broken glass, and a danger to all, despite the enormous expense. Like Madonna's growler, perhaps (to theme with the topical music thread)
      like Madonna's growler

      what a brilliant addition to my urban dictionary

      Something that was once picturesque and/or desirable but has seen better days following years of abuse. is it your creation - or am i just out of touch? Whatever the answer. i'm nicking it!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •