Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Madonna - Madame X Tour

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just been having a look at available tickets from Ticketmaster for Madonna's dates at the Palladium next year and was surprised to find hundreds of tickets still available.

I accept she's not to everyone's tastes (mutton dressed as lamb etc etc etc) but I was thinking of taking the other half out for a night in London next year and thought it might be interesting to see her for the first time since the late 80's.

Getting to the point - loads of tickets were available (which surprised me as I thought I had left it too late) and loads in the stalls near the front. All good I thought.

THEN - cheapest tickets available were £455 per person! I know there had been cheaper tickets which have all been sold up in the gods (or The Grand Circle) but £455 to sit in row 'M' of the Palladium? Who in their right mind pays those sorts of prices? That's a little less than I take home per week! For the cost of the two of us to go including booking fees we could have had a weeks holiday in Spain for that.

I fully understand the principle of supply and demand (and I should have got in earlier to get the cheaper tickets at the top) but who other than a Madonna nut or someone with more money than sense pays those sorts of prices? There were even tickets in the front few rows for £511. And these are not via the secondary sites either.

Some of these artists are now just taking the piss in my view and I for one hope she ends up playing to a half empty Palladium every night.

Did anyone else buy tickets for one of her shows and how much did you pay?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Have an interest in this due to family connections with the production.

Some 'cheap' tickets were available in the lengthy fan club presale (£69 and £140ish), but the pricier tickets didn't sell to fans and aren't selling now.

Will be interesting to see what they do to shift them. Half-empty theatres won't be allowed.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nobody buys their music these days so they make yet more money touring and ripping off their fans
Progress ?

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I like Madonna, I like the Rolling Stones and could even be tempted to a U2 gig. I was quite excited a while back when Spandau Ballet announced a re-union tour. But for all these giants of pop and rock, will I pay the prices any of them ask? Sorry I just ain't that stupid.

I saw Paul Macca at the Roundhouse for the Electro pop thingies back in about 2010, £20 a ticket and 2000 max attendance, that's a decent price to pay!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nobody buys their music these days so they make yet more money touring and ripping off their fans
Progress ?

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Exactly, in the good old days, tours were to promote album sales but now they are seen as a cash cow in their own right.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Exactly, in the good old days, tours were to promote album sales but now they are seen as a cash cow in their own right.

Probably because there’s not much to be made in album sales. Who buys albums? Apart from the 50 something year old white male demographic (hmm, :whistle:).

Obscene gig price for that Madonna concert. After her Eurovision debacle it’s no surprise it’s not selling. #Has-been.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
And your reasoning behind that is...

A few years out of date but you get the gist. Plenty of articles on that there interweb which suggest the same.

3B76A64B-832B-402D-816C-C75C4A158D9E.jpeg

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
wanted to surprise the wife a couple of years ago with some Celine Dion tickets at the O2
they were quite pricey,made the mistake of waiting a couple of days and whoosh SOLD OUT both nights :facepalm:

I suppose the difference is Celine Dion can actually sing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here