Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Madonna - Madame X Tour

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
wanted to surprise the wife a couple of years ago with some Celine Dion tickets at the O2
they were quite pricey,made the mistake of waiting a couple of days and whoosh SOLD OUT both nights :facepalm:

I suppose the difference is Celine Dion can actually sing

Yeah - I'm not debating whether anybody likes her or not but who do they expect to sell tickets to at £455?

3 days wages for any gig ticket is a rip off. So many are doing it though - Muse at the O2 are £137 for a lower tier seat, even some of the ladies where I work forked out over £100 for the Spice Girls?

Going to stick to the small local gigs and bands in future. Just hope the footy doesn't go the same way as that's becoming increasingly expensive too! Can see the day when we have pay £100 for a match day ticket in the not too distant future.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m fairly certain that being mid 40s I’ve seen my last mega artist act about 5 years ago. As you say, can’t seem to ever find a ticket for less than £250 and that’s for an awful view at the back. Simply not prepared to pay such outrageous sums. Good luck to you if you are but frankly you’re part of the problem.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
My uncle treated me to Paul McCartney tickets at the 02. Brilliant seats. Over £400 a pop! I had a great time, McCartney was in fine form but glad I didn't have to pay for it!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Did anybody else see her on the Graham Norton show last Friday ? Had a sense of humour by-pass and the less said about her outfit the better.

Yes, I couldn't believe how aloof she was - but the lack of facial expression seems down to just the right amount of botox to paralyse a water buffalo. And yes, as for her outfit, her tits looked like two water balloons being forced out of a letterbox. ???

Massive respect to her impressive career, but I think it's at the point now where she needs to get some slippers on enjoy her money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And yes, as for her outfit, her tits looked like two water balloons being forced out of a letterbox. ???

I’ll go and have a look now, Graham Norton you say?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To see Madonna with an X eye patch, or The Edge with a beanie hat, or Bono with a selection of sun glasses? Sorry showing my age and music that I used to like.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Surprised they can sell any given that performance at Eurovision.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just watched her on Graham Norton. What a dick. Total shambles physically too.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, I couldn't believe how aloof she was - but the lack of facial expression seems down to just the right amount of botox to paralyse a water buffalo. And yes, as for her outfit, her tits looked like two water balloons being forced out of a letterbox. ???

Massive respect to her impressive career, but I think it's at the point now where she needs to get some slippers on enjoy her money.

Agreed. She is not growing old gracefully. Shame. Such attitude on her, and she’s not fit enough anymore to get away with it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Agreed. She is not growing old gracefully. Shame. Such at attitude on her, and she’s not fit enough anymore to get away with it.

Well, I can only assume her ticket sells will tell you otherwise. What is your problem?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Surprised they can sell any given that performance at Eurovision.

I reckon she’ll always be able to shift tickets but I don’t think she has the required energy anymore. Bit like watching your drunk gran in fancy dress :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I reckon she’ll always be able to shift tickets but I don’t think she has the required energy anymore. Bit like watching your drunk gran in fancy dress :)

Despite our pm and your subsequent remarks regarding me, I still find you a bit of a child, apologies if I'm wrong.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ll go and have a look now, Graham Norton you say?
I’d swerve it if I were you mate, bit of a cringefest.
Although the other musical lady on the sofa, Sheryl Crow, despite being around the same age as Madonna and having beaten cancer twice, is looking fab.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm interested in going to a gig where the tickets are £8 each, in Sept. Probably more fun too.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Unfortunately, for musicians today the real money now comes from touring which means that established artistes with loyal fanbases do charge silly prices. My two faves Metallica and Iron Maiden have been touring a lot recently and I have had to bite the bullet. For the two Maiden shows the prices were not too bad at £60 a pop for lower tier at the 02. For Metallica at the 02 lower tier it was £95 and for this Thursday at Twickenham it was £110 but that is with two support bands. For two ageing bands who might not be touring for a lot longer I'm prepared to pay the rice. However, I do think some artistes are taking the micky and exploiting the loyalty of their fans.

As for Madonna she comes across as thoroughly unpleasant and her best times artistically are long gone and just living off past glories. And as many have mentioned she is not all that now and seriously mutton dressed as lamb.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Unfortunately, for musicians today the real money now comes from touring which means that established artistes with loyal fanbases do charge silly prices. My two faves Metallica and Iron Maiden have been touring a lot recently and I have had to bite the bullet. For the two Maiden shows the prices were not too bad at £60 a pop for lower tier at the 02. For Metallica at the 02 lower tier it was £95 and for this Thursday at Twickenham it was £110 but that is with two support bands. For two ageing bands who might not be touring for a lot longer I'm prepared to pay the rice. However, I do think some artistes are taking the micky and exploiting the loyalty of their fans.

As for Madonna she comes across as thoroughly unpleasant and her best times artistically are long gone and just living off past glories. And as many have mentioned she is not all that now and seriously mutton dressed as lamb.

it's a double-edged sword really
I'd imagine most musicians dislike touring to some sort of degree,espcially the older bands with families etc
must have been alot easier to concentrate on new material and watch the royalties roll in

60 quid for Iron Maiden,worth every penny :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here