Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jay Molumby

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Ireland U21s lost their 3rd/4th play off on penalties at the Tournoi today, so finished in a very creditable 4th place.

They played all the back up players so Molumby didn’t feature. Connolly came on as sub, and scored one of the pens.

Of bigger note, is that of the 200+ players at the competition, Molumby won the award for the fourth best player at the whole thing, finishing below only two Brazilians (one who Man City signed for £10m, and one at Torino) and one Japanese lad.

Congratulations due. Great prospect

[tweet]1139938141714944000[/tweet]

[tweet]1139933619596791814[/tweet]

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Very good prospect. Heading to oxford on loan , I hear

Stumpy Tim

I suspect there are five players from the U23s who we may see in the Premier League next season if they don’t go out on loan - White, Connolly, Sanders, Gyorkes and Molumby. I suspect this lad is probably the favourite to make the breakthrough

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I suspect there are five players from the U23s who we may see in the Premier League next season if they don’t go out on loan - White, Connolly, Sanders, Gyorkes and Molumby. I suspect this lad is probably the favourite to make the breakthrough

Shame about his injury as he’d already had some 1st team starts under the cautious Hughton, that really put his development back so it’s great to see he is back to his best.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Shame about his injury as he’d already had some 1st team starts under the cautious Hughton, that really put his development back so it’s great to see he is back to his best.

Just the injury then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Oxford are L1... surely we should keep him here or loan to Championship? I thought that was our policy for our best prospects?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Him and Connelly should both be given a chance pre season to show if they can cut it.

How many games is Connolly likely to get this season if we have
Locadia, Murray, Hemed/New signing, Andone also in the squad ?
Is that good for his development ?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
How many games is Connolly likely to get this season if we have
Locadia, Murray, Hemed/New signing, Andone also in the squad ?
Is that good for his development ?

Wouldn't that be the point of giving him game time pre-season? See where he stands in the pecking order and if it's down the bottom then you can send him out on loan.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Wouldn't that be the point of giving him game time pre-season? See where he stands in the pecking order and if it's down the bottom then you can send him out on loan.

I think that ship has probably sailed. A couple of goals against Crawley isn't going to make much difference.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No but running Fulham, Birmingham and whoever else ragged might. And if it doesn't Potter and co need to see what he can/can't do and what level of team they want to send him on loan to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here