Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booze!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Frank Worthington would wonder what all the fuss is about!:drink:

And Boy what a fantastic player he was I remember him playing for us he hardly left the centre circle players around him just feed him the ball a drop of the shoulder a bit of skill he would leave those marking him in his wake followed by a defence splitting pass, his short time with us he brought a bit of panache

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Who'd have thought that in this day and age of smart phones no one is posting any photos of the lads out regularly on the lash!

I know of one occasion when pictures were taken when an Irishman was knocking around with a certain well known local lady and an angry Frenchman told said photographer to delete the pictures.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And Boy what a fantastic player he was I remember him playing for us he hardly left the centre circle players around him just feed him the ball a drop of the shoulder a bit of skill he would leave those marking him in his wake followed by a defence splitting pass, his short time with us he brought a bit of panache

Stan Bowles, Rodney Marsh, Alan Hudson and Tony Currie were out of the same page. Gifted players who so often produced in matches, yet led a social life outside football to the full.

Which might be why a succession of England managers / the FA rarely capped the lot.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The only answer I can give you to your questions is, I dont know either way if what I've been told is true or not...if it's not we dont have anything to worry about and if it is then the club should fix the problem.
With what came to light this week regarding the other problem just makes you wonder whether the ship is as tight as it should be.

If you cannot be sure that what you heard is true or not then it is best not to bring it to a public forum. Especially as you appear to quote it as fact.

The problem here is the method of communication gives a snowballing credence to rumour. One person makes a comment online and it spreads. That's why so many people have been having a say on Dunk's move to Aston Villa...

I know if folk stopped spreading stuff like this Bozza might have to sell his Ferrari- but, then again, that silly line is worth putting in as someone might ask him about it now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Booze Brothers must have had a massive St Patrick's Day bender as we we didn't score another goal until after St. George's Day.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yeah - I once saw Stephens putting a packet of crisps in his shopping trolley - I thought 'think of those carbs' - terrible example to set.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Stan Bowles, Rodney Marsh, Alan Hudson and Tony Currie were out of the same page. Gifted players who so often produced in matches, yet led a social life outside football to the full.

Which might be why a succession of England managers / the FA rarely capped the lot.

Ah, but, in those days they played with and against players who still smoked, ate Steak and Chips and had a pint 3 hours BEFORE playing and would probably have a skinful afterwards. I think they were just incredibly gifted compared to others at their time but box to box players these days would eat them up in the modern age. Even the guys you have named would struggle if they had Kante or Henderson or even Shelvey marking them nowdays.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
If you cannot be sure that what you heard is true or not then it is best not to bring it to a public forum. Especially as you appear to quote it as fact.

The problem here is the method of communication gives a snowballing credence to rumour. One person makes a comment online and it spreads. That's why so many people have been having a say on Dunk's move to Aston Villa...

I know if folk stopped spreading stuff like this Bozza might have to sell his Ferrari- but, then again, that silly line is worth putting in as someone might ask him about it now.

The problem I have is the communicator, I have no reason to doubt them. I do take on board what you say about bringing it to a public forum but again as I said earlier, in light of what has or has not happened at Lancing it just seems that the club have work to do at their headquarters if what they said were true.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Who'd have thought that in this day and age of smart phones no one is posting any photos of the lads out regularly on the lash!

Posters don't give first hand evidence. It's nearly always what a friend told them.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
On this occasion I'm telling you what I got told by an employee.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Dunk and Duffy in particular continue to play as well as they have the last 2 seasons they can go on the lash every night as far as I am concerned

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ah, but, in those days they played with and against players who still smoked, ate Steak and Chips and had a pint 3 hours BEFORE playing and would probably have a skinful afterwards. I think they were just incredibly gifted compared to others at their time but box to box players these days would eat them up in the modern age. Even the guys you have named would struggle if they had Kante or Henderson or even Shelvey marking them nowdays.

All very true.

But I think those gifted players would also have been fitter and healthier in the modern era, guided by modern sports science applied at all age groups in clubs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here