Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booze!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Up until this week I didnt know there was a booze culture within the club. I'm not stupid enough to think players dont drink when they have down time or after a match etc etc, but what does baffle me slightly is that with the way our season was deteriorating, people who are paid a significant salary within the club could not see what was happening in front of their very eyes. We are supposed to be a professional club that prides ourselves on high standards, seems like theres more to worry about than just leaks.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Up until this week I didnt know there was a booze culture within the club. I'm not stupid enough to think players dont drink when they have down time or after a match etc etc, but what does baffle me slightly is that with the way our season was deteriorating, people who are paid a significant salary within the club could not see what was happening in front of their very eyes. We are supposed to be a professional club that prides ourselves on high standards, seems like theres more to worry about than just leaks.

So how did you find out about this booze culture, a month after the season has finished?

Not saying your source is wrong but why did it only surface when we hit a bad patch? Or did the players turn to drink Because the team was losing?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
So how did you find out about this booze culture, a month after the season has finished?

Not saying your source is wrong but why did it only surface when we hit a bad patch? Or did the players turn to drink Because the team was losing?

The only answer I can give you to your questions is, I dont know either way if what I've been told is true or not...if it's not we dont have anything to worry about and if it is then the club should fix the problem.
With what came to light this week regarding the other problem just makes you wonder whether the ship is as tight as it should be.

el punal

:facepalm:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Many people have said I’ve heard this heard that but seem reluctant to say what they heard and who it involves. If I’d seen Connor Goldson out on the lash four nights a week I’d say so. What’s the big secret? Unless is all bollocks of course.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Do we have any real evidence of a great booze-up?

As they sometimes say, this thread is worthless without...

2mf0il1.png

Stumpy Tim

Many people have said I’ve heard this heard that but seem reluctant to say what they heard and who it involves. If I’d seen Connor Goldson out on the lash four nights a week I’d say so. What’s the big secret? Unless is all bollocks of course.

Really? I’ve seen it mentioned numerous times on here, and I’ve seen players in town myself. The four names that crop up regularly are Stephens, Dunk, Duffy and Knockaert. A friend of a friend lives next to Knockaert and he regularly has late night parties apparently

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Surely the players are subject to all kinds of medical tests. If they're overdoing it, it'd be hard to hide it.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Really? I’ve seen it mentioned numerous times on here, and I’ve seen players in town myself. The four names that crop up regularly are Stephens, Dunk, Duffy and Knockaert. A friend of a friend lives next to Knockaert and he regularly has late night parties apparently

Frank Worthington would wonder what all the fuss is about!:drink:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

So this friend of a friend is responsible for keeping Knocky up at night

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Might explain Stephens lack of form, Cardiff he played like he was pissed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I have a pal who regularly sees Dunk and Stephens in the nightclub he goes to, Stephens is partial to scrounging the odd roll up when he's had a few.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a pal who regularly sees Dunk and Stephens in the nightclub he goes to, Stephens is partial to scrounging the odd roll up when he's had a few.

I though the Hungry Years closed, er, years ago? ???

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Footballer + young + fit + too much money + too much free time + not enough to do = (drink + gambling) × cocaine

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here