Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tommy Elphick to Huddersfield

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not a bad move for him. A 2 year sentence I believe.

He must’ve made a few quid in his career incl Promotion to PL bonuses with Bournemouth and Villa.

Good luck to him.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Good move. Deserves to be a starter somewhere- still only 31!
Incidentally, what a run of defenders we had back then...El Abd, Tommy, Lynch, Grant Hall, Cook, Dunk...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I met his uncle or some such relative, only a couple of years ago, who bet me a tenner that Tommy would return to Albion before he retired from the game. I think my money is safe now, but I've never seen said relative since. Don't think I will now!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I met his uncle or some such relative, only a couple of years ago, who bet me a tenner that Tommy would return to Albion before he retired from the game. I think my money is safe now, but I've never seen said relative since. Don't think I will now!

You might have lost your bet if we had been relegated and Dunk left

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

He had a number of friends/family sitting behind us at Withdean, some of whom were drunk and quite abusive to a number of us. It got reported to the then security manager at the club but surprise, surprise, nothing came of it.
If I come across one particular individual involved he may wish he had remained in the hole he crawled out of.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very pleased for him. Town will be a very good move for him. Always had some great chats with tommy when he was a member at the virgin gym...we both had snapped our Achilles and swapped horrible injuries stories. Lol

I have a sneaking suspicion we won’t be that far off the playoffs this year.

Good move for him back to wearing Blue and White stripes and 1 poster on here should be happy.

D

Deleted member 2719

Good for Tommy, I always wanted him in my side.
Dean Wilkins bought on some good lads.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He had a number of friends/family sitting behind us at Withdean, some of whom were drunk and quite abusive to a number of us. It got reported to the then security manager at the club but surprise, surprise, nothing came of it.
If I come across one particular individual involved he may wish he had remained in the hole he crawled out of.

Just for balance, I had two or three conversations with Tommy over the years. He is a delightful, decent chap and I wish him all the best at Huddersfield.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just for balance, I had two or three conversations with Tommy over the years. He is a delightful, decent chap and I wish him all the best at Huddersfield.

And I can add that his close family are very level headed and I’m surprised to read that they were drunk. His friends perhaps, his close family NO.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Not a bad move for him. A 2 year sentence I believe.

He must’ve made a few quid in his career incl Promotion to PL bonuses with Bournemouth and Villa.

Good luck to him.
He's had a few clubs now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Footballer hang on friends are normally dicks, just unfortunate you came across one.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Good move. Deserves to be a starter somewhere- still only 31!
Incidentally, what a run of defenders we had back then...El Abd, Tommy, Lynch, Grant Hall, Cook, Dunk...
Shame about the total failure to develop any forwards though.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Anyone the Come Dine With Me video with Tommy, Matt sparrow and Charlie oatway? It was insanely funny.
Totally wasted on the albion website

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here