Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] South Downs Beer Festival Lewes

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
The beer list for the festival is on the Brighton CAMRA website 80 beers all look good.Festival opens next Friday goes on to Saturday at Lewes Town Hall. One of the best locations for a great beer festival.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The beer list for the festival is on the Brighton CAMRA website 80 beers all look good.Festival opens next Friday goes on to Saturday at Lewes Town Hall. One of the best locations for a great beer festival.

Problem with a lot of Camra events is the beer is not very well looked after. Wet sacks on the barrels doesn't work.

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
They use chillers to keep the beer at an even temperature have never seen wet sacks being used at any beer festival

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They use chillers to keep the beer at an even temperature have never seen wet sacks being used at any beer festival

Then you've not been around enough.

Jackets are very haphazard and do not give an even temperature, they are better than nothing though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Saddles work just fine with firkins in that hall and have done for many years.

Good, I was only stating down the years I've been to many elsewhere and they have been poor, which is a shame as I'm an avid real ale supporter.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here