Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Pox flight delays

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was trapped in Lyon a few years back, thanks to an Easyjet plane at fault. Another plane was to fly from London to collect us. It took 8 hours, and the airport itself was closed down, even with us in it. So we all loitered in the dark for a bit, which was odd, sometimes battling over the plug someone found to insert chargers. When the plane arrived and we flew back, landing in Gatwick at 1ish in the morning, the crew apologised for the difficulties and offered us, for free, either a minute coca cola can or one of those dwarfish packets of pretzels. I thought at the time that anyone having a mouth-drying pretzel pack would have to then spend about £4 on one of their drinks to wash it down. Fiendish moneymakers.
Got 500 euros for it in total, but i they were't in the slightest generous. My expectations were always low, but this was c*ntish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Arranged to have builders in to start a job yesterday. Took day off so that I would be around for any questions etc.

Got a call yesterday morning to say the men who should have been coming had been on holiday. Instead of flying back Sunday they were delayed until yesterday.

Completely wasted my day.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Arranged to have builders in to start a job yesterday. Took day off so that I would be around for any questions etc.

Got a call yesterday morning to say the men who should have been coming had been on holiday. Instead of flying back Sunday they were delayed until yesterday.

Completely wasted my day.

And you believe them...?

Jul 7, 2003
Go EasyJet direct, it will not be cheaper anywhere else from my experience. Also, download their app as it makes booking, checking in, boarding card and flight info a doddle

Not necessarily so. It depends on when you book and your add-ons. I'm happy to use easyJet for business travel but if I have to take luggage then I find it is about 50/50 as to whether easyJet or BA are cheaper. Same thing with Ryanair. Went to Dublin on business recently and needed to take a decent sized cabin bag. Although the headline price was much cheaper with Ryanair, Aer Lingus was actually cheaper once the cabin bag was added (and much more comfortable).

So called Low Cost airlines are not always cheaper so always check - Skyscanner or Google are always worth a look.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not necessarily so. It depends on when you book and your add-ons. I'm happy to use easyJet for business travel but if I have to take luggage then I find it is about 50/50 as to whether easyJet or BA are cheaper. Same thing with Ryanair. Went to Dublin on business recently and needed to take a decent sized cabin bag. Although the headline price was much cheaper with Ryanair, Aer Lingus was actually cheaper once the cabin bag was added (and much more comfortable).

So called Low Cost airlines are not always cheaper so always check - Skyscanner or Google are always worth a look.

Possibly. But I think the question was the cheapest place to buy the EasyJet flight, ie their app or a third party site. Not whether EasyJet is the cheapest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here