Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Pox flight delays

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Sat currently at Edinburgh waiting for a flight to tegel (Berlin) that should’ve departed at 09.45 now been delayed until estimated 1635. I was on night shift last night and just got the missus to drop me off without a shower change of clothes or anything. So I’m totally knackered it’s my daughters birthday next week she’s gonna be 7 and has no idea that I’m coming. To top that off now they are issuing tornado warnings throughout so no guarantee the flight will be taking off at all so annoying it’s untrue and I’ve had a row with the missus it seems she thought I might be thinking clearly and rationally under the circumstances

So good nsc folk give me your worst and cheer me up

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just chill out, relax and think that there are worse things to contend with.
Example: Sitting in amongst Palarse Ultras singing ineligible songs :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just chill out, relax and think that there are worse things to contend with.
Example: Sitting in amongst Palarse Ultras singing ineligible songs :shrug:

Or bouncing around the sky in a full on turbulent flight

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Or even waiting outside Laura Ashley in Amersham, watching all the beautiful people argue over floral design.
It's fantastic :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You'll get to Berlin today, have a shower and get to see friends/family (sadly, probably not in that order, but hey ho). Life is good.

Oh, and apologise to the Mrs and ask her to try and make some allowances for you, as you're over-tired.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reasons to be cheerful: if your initial flight delay is something that is the airline's fault then you may be due some major compo under EU rules. Usually runs into hundreds of euros.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn’t happen in Germany

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Last month, waiting at Las Vegas Maccaran airport to fly home at 7.30pm. At 7, Virgin announce a technical problem with the plane so flight is cancelled (a part is being flown in overnight so the flight will now be at 5.30pm the next day.
They took us to The Encore, beautiful hotel, room on the 62nd floor with magnificent views, $130 to spend. $25 for food when we returned to the airport the next day, we fly home on the plane that has arrived from London rather than the previously faulty one.
Have since received 12500 virgin points and £529 compensation as well as a box of roses as we left the plane.
Virgin Atlantic. I love 'em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Last month, waiting at Las Vegas Maccaran airport to fly home at 7.30pm. At 7, Virgin announce a technical problem with the plane so flight is cancelled (a part is being flown in overnight so the flight will now be at 5.30pm the next day.
They took us to The Encore, beautiful hotel, room on the 62nd floor with magnificent views, $130 to spend. $25 for food when we returned to the airport the next day, we fly home on the plane that has arrived from London rather than the previously faulty one.
Have since received 12500 virgin points and £529 compensation as well as a box of roses as we left the plane.
Virgin Atlantic. I love 'em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That happed to me a three years ago. Got put up in a three bed suite at the Cosmo. Happy days

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sat currently at Edinburgh waiting for a flight to tegel (Berlin) that should’ve departed at 09.45 now been delayed until estimated 1635. I was on night shift last night and just got the missus to drop me off without a shower change of clothes or anything. So I’m totally knackered it’s my daughters birthday next week she’s gonna be 7 and has no idea that I’m coming. To top that off now they are issuing tornado warnings throughout so no guarantee the flight will be taking off at all so annoying it’s untrue and I’ve had a row with the missus it seems she thought I might be thinking clearly and rationally under the circumstances

Just looked up your flight (Edinburgh airport departures to get the flight number, then Easyjet app tracker to get the reason). Good news is it appears to be purely down to the airline. Live updates for the flight say they've made some changes to their flight programme and have changed the size of your plane, and the delay is purely down to making that plane available.

So... you're almost certainly due some major compo. With that in mind I'd be inclined to buy a cheapo teeshirt and pair of chinos airside to cover the change of clothes, then book into an airport lounge for about 20 quid, where you'll get free food, drink, wifi and showers. Job done! :thumbsup:

You have not been charged for this advice. Well maybe a pint at the Amex sometime :cheers:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Our levels of entitlement are incredible. Travelling around the globe as if it’s popping to the corner shop, and getting cross when what is still an incredible feat goes wrong because of the many potential problems including Mother Nature! Just sit back and chill out. Or remember next time that LOADS can go wrong travelling thousands of miles and schedule a day or two more into your planning. Grief...

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
Just looked up your flight (Edinburgh airport departures to get the flight number, then Easyjet app tracker to get the reason). Good news is it appears to be purely down to the airline. Live updates for the flight say they've made some changes to their flight programme and have changed the size of your plane, and the delay is purely down to making that plane available.

So... you're almost certainly due some major compo. With that in mind I'd be inclined to buy a cheapo teeshirt and pair of chinos airside to cover the change of clothes, then book into an airport lounge for about 20 quid, where you'll get free food, drink, wifi and showers. Job done! :thumbsup:

You have not been charged for this advice. Well maybe a pint at the Amex sometime :cheers:

You’re a decent man thanks for the tip I’m grateful to you

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
Our levels of entitlement are incredible. Travelling around the globe as if it’s popping to the corner shop, and getting cross when what is still an incredible feat goes wrong because of the many potential problems including Mother Nature! Just sit back and chill out. Or remember next time that LOADS can go wrong travelling thousands of miles and schedule a day or two more into your planning. Grief...

I look forward to your next moan matey

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Holiday to Cape Verde and the plane had to turn around back to Gatwick (may have been a 737 Max). 24 hour delay so put up in the Hilton (treated as second class guests), fed and watered. Compensation was more than the cost of the holiday. I took it because I felt we had been poorly treated by First Choice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Holiday to Cape Verde and the plane had to turn around back to Gatwick (may have been a 737 Max). 24 hour delay so put up in the Hilton (treated as second class guests), fed and watered. Compensation was more than the cost of the holiday. I took it because I felt we had been poorly treated by First Choice.

I flew on an American Airlines 737 Max last year and thought it was a fabulous aircraft. I get cold sweats just thinking about it now. I am a very nervous flyer at the best of times. I doubt I’ll ever get on one again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got stuck in Lapland for an extra 24 hours earlier this year when it looked to be perfect flying conditions with clear blue skies and not a breathe of wind. Except it was -27 degrees. Finnair planes were coming and going on schedule but Easyjet computers said no when they keyed in the landing parameters. Fair enough. No compo but Easyjet did us proud, fed and bedded in a smart hotel in Rovaniemi overnight and free drinks and snacks on the replacement flight back to Gatwick. Happy with that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here