Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Corbyn backing the other side..........again

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had the Government been talking to the IRA when Jezza was many thousands of lives might have been saved.

It's not like Westminster forced the IRA to a ceasefire it came about through getting round the table and making it happen.

Oh and 9/11 of course.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nobody will ever know which side Cor-bin supports,as he doesn't seem to know himself.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Had the Government been talking to the IRA when Jezza was many thousands of lives might have been saved.

It's not like Westminster forced the IRA to a ceasefire it came about through getting round the table and making it happen.

Oh and 9/11 of course.

:lolol:The IRA was that riddled with touts at the finish,there were no terrorists left.Allegedly.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Having glanced through Corbyn on Wikipedia he has quoted things like things like opposing violence and war are the whole purpose of his life which to be fair is a good thing seeing as if we were personally in danger of being killed we would feel the same as a lot of us have others to put in danger while we are safe .Having said that he has been chummy with some groups who have been violent so its a bit contradictory IMO .Also on there he has said Marx was a good economist make of that what you will.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I use a mainly US forum for weights and gym chat. Fair to say that there's quite a lot of Trump supporters on the politics forum and most are not happy as they believe this to be a set up (given that Trump was elected on a platform of non-intervention in the ME btw).

Quite a few are ex military and picking holes in all of this. The mines are presumably flying ones as per the crew's description of the event. You'd also think Iran wouldn't pick on non-Japanese bound ships given there is a major trade deputation from Japan in Iran at the moment.

Using false flag naval ops isn't new, there's Tonkin and also the USS Liberty. Neither Trump or Iran need or want a war.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Oh and 9/11 of course.

That first comment is unreal. It is one of the ignorant things I’ve ever read on NSC.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
IRA, Hamas, PLO, Saddam, Ghadaffi, etc etc, and even now when he is as close to power as he has ever been, this......

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48645280

Haven't you got anything better to do on a Saturday night in Melbourne, like watch your new country play cricket against Sri Lanka on Channel 9 or something, rather than froth at the mouth about a man with a beard 10,000 miles away?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I will not be voting Labour again until Corbyn has left along with a sizeable chunk of Labour’s more extreme members (Momentum).

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Even if that lot went I still wouldn't vote Labour.

Its a shame its not the old style Labour as a lot of young people are spending nearly all their wages on rent ,there not enough social housing none of the governments have resolved this crisis .

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A Labour Party led by the likes of Margaret Hodge, Hilary Benn or Yvette Cooper, with a shadow cabinet and NEC to match would be attractive to me.

But with Momentum and their friends holding a majority of both the NEC and membership, that thought is light years away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
IRA, Hamas, PLO, Saddam, Ghadaffi, etc etc, and even now when he is as close to power as he has ever been, this......

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48645280

Much as I admire your work, and deplore Corbyn, what he said in no way justifies your 'backing the other side' strapline. Let's not be silly, now.

"@jeremycorbyn

Britain should act to ease tensions in the Gulf, not fuel a military escalation that began with US withdrawal from the Iran nuclear agreement. Without credible evidence about the tanker attacks, the government’s rhetoric will only increase the threat of war."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even if that lot went I still wouldn't vote Labour.

It is comments like that that make me think, **** it, even with Corbyn maybe I will vote labour :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That first comment is unreal. It is one of the ignorant things I’ve ever read on NSC.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can you please enlighten me.

Bearing in mind we know what the subsequent 25 years of 'fighting' the IRA got us.
We know a form of peace only came about by mediation (and terrorism not being quite so 'cool' in America).
What would have been so bad about mediation X years earlier?

Oh I just want to add, I do mean actual proper international mediation not just someone like Corbyn who at the time was clearly just trying (successfully) to piss as many people off for as long as possible.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
To be fair, he may have a point. It seems a bit odd that Iran would attack a Japanese owned tanker. They were apparently holding talks with the Japanese prime minister at the time in Tehran. Also the other ship involved was 50% manned by Russian sailors, which also makes it an odd target in my opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here