Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Corbyn backing the other side..........again

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is an interesting one, if he were to become PM, to have our top politician at odds with our intelligence services. Something would have to give.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not sure how asking for verification of the evidence and making sure it's credible is "backing the other side"? - I support the call, especially after the previous lies involving Iraq.

After Iran threatening to disrupt oil tankers through the Gulf, after being linked with four attacks in May, with video footage released to the press, with crew being ‘put up’ in Iran, and the UKs own security services (not the Yanks) saying Iran did it, maybe JC might like to be less dismissive? But hey ho, always a conspiracy huh?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
After Iran threatening to disrupt oil tankers through the Gulf, after being linked with four attacks in May, with video footage released to the press, with crew being ‘put up’ in Iran, and the UKs own security services (not the Yanks) saying Iran did it, maybe JC might like to be less dismissive? But hey ho, always a conspiracy huh?

i bet you hate Blair for lying about the Iraq War though dpn't you? Not that Corbyn has anything to do with the way Melbourne is run anyway.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Why does everything have to be so reactionary these days.
He's asking for caution, he always has and always will. He's been proven right many, many times throughout his career.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I have a feeling if Corbyn did ever become PM ( Heaven forbid ) our security services would have him removed from office once they demonstrated to the cabinet and parliament that he was a danger to Britains security .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure how asking for verification of the evidence and making sure it's credible is "backing the other side"? - I support the call, especially after the previous lies involving Iraq.
I would agree that asking for verification is ok, and not backing the other side, but he's not done that. He's stated that there isn't credible evidence. Where does he get that information from?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Here's an interesting piece by the MD of Bellingcat, the people who revealed the identities of the Salisbury daytrippers.

Was Iran Behind the Oman Tanker Attacks? A Look at the Evidence

From commercial experience I can categorically state that using Marine Traffic and other freely available websites to track shipping through the Gulf is about as reliable as Michael Fish and hurricane forecasts. Tracking equipment is routinely turned off to avoid pirate vessels. I have tracked consignments from around the world on multiple occassions and through Suez, the Gulf and the Straights of Hormuz they routinely disappear. Some times a vessel appears to anchor for days or weeks only to appear in the Med or Indian Ocean at a later date.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
From commercial experience I can categorically state that using Marine Traffic and other freely available websites to track shipping through the Gulf is about as reliable as Michael Fish and hurricane forecasts. Tracking equipment is routinely turned off to avoid pirate vessels. I have tracked consignments from around the world on multiple occassions and through Suez, the Gulf and the Straights of Hormuz they routinely disappear. Some times a vessel appears to anchor for days or weeks only to appear in the Med or Indian Ocean at a later date.

Oh.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
i bet you hate Blair for lying about the Iraq War though dpn't you? Not that Corbyn has anything to do with the way Melbourne is run anyway.

But as a potential PM he may have an effect on my pension(s), my family, my friends, my future, plus I can still vote in all UK elections. So up yours! :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But as a potential PM he may have an effect on my pension(s), my family, my friends, my future, plus I can still vote in all UK elections. So up yours! :lol:

Way to swerve the first question. What's your opnion of Blair entering the Iraq War? And if that's wrong isn't Corbyn right?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Way to swerve the first question. What's your opnion of Blair entering the Iraq War? And if that's wrong isn't Corbyn right?

Blair believed he was doing the right thing, cannot ask any more of a man than that. Corbyn being right is quite possible in a moral sense, but being capable of being a leader of one of the biggest economies in the world requires pragmatism, the man is not capable of that.

So, what gives you the right to preach about what I can and cannot have an opinion about?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I have a feeling if Corbyn did ever become PM ( Heaven forbid ) our security services would have him removed from office once they demonstrated to the cabinet and parliament that he was a danger to Britains security .

And you would support a military coup d'état?

Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here