Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Corbyn backing the other side..........again

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He isn't an insignificant politician, he's the leader of the opposition and a member of the privy council.
Personally, I would regard him as insignificant. Labour should be destroying the Tories right now but they are performing very poorly. I would be amazed if he were elected P. M. Only then will I consider him significant.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
We desperately need a Labour government. Look what a fantastic job the Labour Mayor of London is doing!! Imagine that and maybe a lot worse on a national scale! The Tories are in a mess but the alternative is terrifying. Corbyn, Abbott & co must be the worst Labour leadership ever. Hard to imagine anyone worse than Blair but for different reasons he seems like almost a blessing. It really is depressing how bad our politics is. To have to vote for Boris just to keep that maniac away from power. Hardly an inspiring choice.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
a) Meaningless - why?

b) how patronising are you by the way.

Because my job involves detailed work on Venezuela. Trying reading informed opinion rather than slavishly following what you believe to be the right wing press.

The very fact that you are actually comparing the two countries means you haven’t got a bloody clue.

Press paranoia is one thing. Burying your head in the sand because the economics you support leads to a broken society is another matter altogether.

I accept it is pointless arguing with you given the analogy you have made but felt the point was worth making nonetheless.

As with Block F - I’m going out. But I’ll leave the last word to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Because my job involves detailed work on Venezuela. Trying reading informed opinion rather than slavishly following what you believe to be the right wing press.

The very fact that you are actually comparing the two countries means you haven’t got a bloody clue.

Press paranoia is one thing. Burying your head in the sand because the economics you support leads to a broken society is another matter altogether.

I accept it is pointless arguing with you given the analogy you have made but felt the point was worth making nonetheless.

As with Block F - I’m going out. But I’ll leave the last word to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1)I’m not comparing the two. I’m making the (slightly flippant) point that we are not in a great shape either.
2) what has happened to us tthat we can’t discuss things without being rude
3) “paranoia” - I’ve seen the press lie about Hillsborogh, Orgeave, WMD and I’ve just seen them pass on the Iran stories with seeming no critical analysis at all. I see them ignoring what’s going on in France, I’ve seen the political bias of the Murdoch and the Barclay Bros. press, I’ve seen the Tories stuff the management of the BBC with its supporters, I could go on. None of which is great if you want a healthy democracy.
4) I simply don’t have enough information to know wether you’re correct and that Labour’s type of fairly mild democracy (read the manifesto), unaffected by US interference, is responsible for Venezuela’s problems but I’m not just going to take your word for it or that of the MSM

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
1)I’m not comparing the two. I’m making the (slightly flippant) point that we are not in a great shape either.
3) “paranoia” - I’ve seen the press lie about Hillsborogh, Orgeave, WMD and I’ve just seen them pass on the Iran stories with seeming no critical analysis at all. I see them ignoring what’s going on in France, I’ve seen the political bias of the Murdoch and the Barclay Bros. press, I’ve seen the Tories stuff the management of the BBC with its supporters, I could go on. None of which is great if you want a healthy democracy.
4) I simply don’t have enough information to know wether you’re correct and that Labour’s type of fairly mild democracy (read the manifesto), unaffected by US interference, is responsible for Venezuela’s problems but I’m not just going to take your word for it or that of the MSM

Indeed - I have been following Venezuela quite closely on alternatative media and the picture painted is very different from that you would see from the almost universely right wing press in the America and the UK. The USA want to bring down the Madura government which was democratically elected, and has imposed heavy sanctions upon it,causing great ecomomic difficulties, mainly because they want to gain access to the oil, and the Venezuelans have the timerity to defy american hegemony - and Trump has admitted to this quite openly. The regime in Venezuea is not hard line left wing, and is somewhat to the right of the systems in scandanavian countries such as Norway (which is a good comparitor as it, too, is an oil economy). The state securtiy apparatus is somewhat draconian, but probably less so than many other countries in South America which the USA does not object to. This in itself is not a trait of being left wing.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

However you view the regime in Venezuela, the fact remains that Maduro and his crew are nasty pieces of corrupt work that Corbyn and McDonnell have refused to condemn, and indeed, in recent times, have praised.
I don't want people like those two governing our country.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Indeed - I have been following Venezuela quite closely on alternatative media and the picture painted is very different from that you would see from the almost universely right wing press in the America and the UK. The USA want to bring down the Madura government which was democratically elected, and has imposed heavy sanctions upon it,causing great ecomomic difficulties, mainly because they want to gain access to the oil, and the Venezuelans have the timerity to defy american hegemony - and Trump has admitted to this quite openly. The regime in Venezuea is not hard line left wing, and is somewhat to the right of the systems in scandanavian countries such as Norway (which is a good comparitor as it, too, is an oil economy). The state securtiy apparatus is somewhat draconian, but probably less so than many other countries in South America which the USA does not object to. This in itself is not a trait of being left wing.

See my reply to MP.

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
So let me get this straight its not the left winginess of Corbyn you object to but his failure to condemn any vaguely left wing country which doesnt adhere strictly to your ethical standards. Would you equally condemn politicians on the right who do not condemn the appauling civil rights abuses in countries with right wing governments such as Israel, or Brazil?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
My last words on the subject as I have to go out....... whatever view you take, there can be no denying that the country is in a sad, serious mess.[/QUO

Both Venezuela and the UK

Bollocks , record numbers of peeps in employment , inflation insignificant , diversity in the Royal Family and new babies to boot , doctors risking their lives to make it across the English Channel to strengthen the NHS and our city centers thriving with vibrancy .
We have never had it so good . God save the Queen .:drink:

What has Venezuela got to celebrate ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd suggest you read the manifesto.

You think there is a reason to spin a fantasy narrative? Why do I want to read the labour manifesto when the OP message is about something else? Oh well. :shrug:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

What utter nonsense. Yes the USA has sanctions but why? Because Maduro is a bloody nut job. He’s an ex bus driving crony of Chavez who only got the job after his boss died. Democratically elected you say. Really?

If you’ve been “following Venezuela closely” I can only assume the alternative media you’re reading is so biased as not to be credible.

I thought comparing Venezuela to the UK was ridiculous but saying Maduro is more moderate than Norway just defies belief.

I don’t think a litre of water costs more than a litre of petrol in Norway...

I just can’t believe some of the stuff I see on NSC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What utter nonsense. Yes the USA has sanctions but why? Because Maduro is a bloody nut job. He’s an ex bus driving crony of Chavez who only got the job after his boss died. Democratically elected you say. Really?

If you’ve been “following Venezuela closely” I can only assume the alternative media you’re reading is so biased as not to be credible.

I thought comparing Venezuela to the UK was ridiculous but saying Maduro is more moderate than Norway just defies belief.

I don’t think a litre of water costs more than a litre of petrol in Norway...

I just can’t believe some of the stuff I see on NSC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's corbynistas for you

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Bollocks , record numbers of peeps in employment , inflation insignificant , diversity in the Royal Family and new babies to boot , doctors risking their lives to make it across the English Channel to strengthen the NHS and our city centers thriving with vibrancy .
We have never had it so good . God save the Queen .:drink:

What has Venezuela got to celebrate ?

Carlzeiss, unfortunately Merry Prankster played a prank with my post and appears to have doctored it.
I previously CHIDED him for comparing the UK to Venezuela!!
Look back and follow my discussions with Merry Prankster and you will see.
Now, withdraw your 'bollocks' (in the nicest possible way!):thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here