Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    What a load of old bollocks...
    “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      The historic county is known for its "seven good things of Sussex".These seven things are Pulborough eel, Selsey cockle, Chichester lobster, Rye herring, Arundel mullet, Amberley trout and Bourne wheatear. Sussex is also known for Ashdown Partridge Pudding, Chiddingly Hot pot, Sussex Bacon Pudding, Sussex Hogs' Pudding, Huffed Chicken, Sussex Churdles, Sussex Shepherds Pie, Sussex Pond Pudding, Sussex Blanket Pudding, Sussex Well Pudding, and Chichester Pudding. Sussex is particularly known for puddings: such was the reputation of Sussex that it was said that "to venture into the county was to risk being turned into a pudding yourself".In one version of the Sussex folk tale, the knucker dragon at Lyminster was slayed after being fed a poisoned Sussex pudding.

That's from Wikipedia. Don't think I've ever eaten a single one of those things!
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What a load of old bollocks...
      Looking in the mirror again, my friend?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      Looking in the mirror again, my friend?
      Too much division in this land, let’s just focus on what unites. Besides, it clashes with South Bucks day
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

2 Not allowed!
      Rye smile, harbour no ills
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||
      ESU Zimmer Crew

Sussex Day- 16th June

2 Not allowed!
      It's Sussex day !

How shall we celebrate ?

Stoolball anyone ?
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      Was that when we took Bejams....?

3 Not allowed!
      Name:  sussex-flag.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  73.7 KB

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      It's Sussex day !

How shall we celebrate ?

Stoolball anyone ?
      Now. Do I merge it with the other thread or just point out that the fixtures came out last week? Hmmm.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...x-day-tomorrow

Maybe both......
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BNthree View Post
      The historic county is known for its "seven good things of Sussex".These seven things are Pulborough eel, Selsey cockle, Chichester lobster, Rye herring, Arundel mullet, Amberley trout and Bourne wheatear. Sussex is also known for Ashdown Partridge Pudding, Chiddingly Hot pot, Sussex Bacon Pudding, Sussex Hogs' Pudding, Huffed Chicken, Sussex Churdles, Sussex Shepherds Pie, Sussex Pond Pudding, Sussex Blanket Pudding, Sussex Well Pudding, and Chichester Pudding. Sussex is particularly known for puddings: such was the reputation of Sussex that it was said that "to venture into the county was to risk being turned into a pudding yourself".In one version of the Sussex folk tale, the knucker dragon at Lyminster was slayed after being fed a poisoned Sussex pudding.

That's from Wikipedia. Don't think I've ever eaten a single one of those things!
      Sussex Pond Pudding is actually rather nice - much better than it's name suggests.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BNthree View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      Sussex Pond Pudding is actually rather nice - much better than it's name suggests.
      Bacon pudding is also excellent, as made by my mum.