Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Copa America!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Japan and Qatar are competing in it.

I know they invite teams to make up the numbers, but surely Mexico and USA would be more appropriate ?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

I know they invite teams to make up the numbers, but surely Mexico and USA would be more appropriate ?

It would be hilarious if Japan won the whole tournament.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Mexico v USA, free kick to Mexico just outside the box, US try to build a wall but are stopped by the democrats.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
46,000 at the Brazil game, 70% of capacity.

Football crazy that lot, aren't they.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'll go for a Chile-Argentina final

finishing 0-0 and Chile winning on pens :D

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
VAR is turning into a disaster. I was all for it but its implementation is awful.

It was actually a fairly straightforward offside decision, but delayed by injuries to players. But surely the ref could go over and make the VAR decision and an assistant supervise the treatment of the players? For almost five minutes Peru were winning but now it is 0-0 again.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It was actually a fairly straightforward offside decision, but delayed by injuries to players. But surely the ref could go over and make the VAR decision and an assistant supervise the treatment of the players? For almost five minutes Peru were winning but now it is 0-0 again.
I am not able to watch, but I agree with you, it seems that VAR is going to cause problems, there should be an immediate decision about a goal. This is ruining football's continuity.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I am not able to watch, but I agree with you, it seems that VAR is going to cause problems, there should be an immediate decision about a goal. This is ruining football's continuity.

In this case, I'm not sure anyone watching knew that VAR was going to be consulted while the players were being treated. I think the few paying fans in attendance assumed that a goal had been scored for several minutes with no hint of a review, which is unacceptable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here