Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where is he?

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
There's two things I hate in life.

1) people who say 'sorry' before disagreeing with someone

2) people who genuinely think their opinion on a matter they know so little about actually warrants discussing irrespective of how wrong/misinformed they are. When challenged, "it's just my opinion".

Sorry, but my opinion is that 2+2 = 5.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

2) people who genuinely think their opinion on a matter they know so little about actually warrants discussing irrespective of how wrong/misinformed they are. When challenged, "it's just my opinion".

Sorry, I have to disagree....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The new more or less unknown manager given a Premiership chance, goes on a nice relaxing holiday and then goes mute. Say something to allay our fears that we are ****ed this season!
Saying and doing are to completely different things. I will judge him on the doing and not the usual cliche football talk.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I’m sure the club knows where he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish everyone would stop worrying.

Of course they do.

He’s still at the Training Ground following the Press Conference.

Reading his Paul Barber introduction letter and contract, along with the PB written club policies and procedures. According to a SAUCE, he’s now made it to Page 1,356.
And his agent has advised him to check the HR policy thoroughly.

That’s why the little Scottish bloke is doing the interviews.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The new more or less unknown manager given a Premiership chance, goes on a nice relaxing holiday and then goes mute. Say something to allay our fears that we are ****ed this season!

I would hope he has been working out the transfer targets with the recruitment team

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He is probably doing all the stuff you would do if moving your Family to a new town.

el punal

Sorry, with all due respect, but in my opinion and at this moment in time, I feel that, at the end of the day, the whole thing is a load of bollocks. By the way, what bollocks are we talking about? :mad:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Good point. Just what exactly is the definition of the word "to whelm"?

Fair question... Middle English verb whelman, which seems to have been (tautologically) linked with over to mean "turn upside down". The word is thought to come from a proto-Germanic verb *hwalbjan (the asterisk means this is a word for which there is no direct evidence but which it is logical to assume existed), via Old English awelfan, "cover over". The f became replaced by an m through association with OE verb helmian, "cover". I don't think whelm has been commonly used for the last 500 years or so, though I can't claim expert knowledge.

Well, you did ask.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here