Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Find some of the sexists comments a bit churlish , its not as if the men's game is brilliant entertainment every match.

The difference between the men's and women's game can be broken into two main points
a) women's game is more about kicking the ball rather than physical strength
b) women's game has a lot less cheating i.e players rolling around and deliberate time wasting

The ball played in by Mead for the England goal was brilliant at any level.

Totally this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you are being ironic then fair play - if you really stand by that sentiment then my god you really need to improve your sense of humour. It is like tuning into a really boring re run of a 70's sitcom.

Calm down dear.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You mistake my response as being annoyed or angered........ your idea of humour is far too boring for such a response

Well, don't respond then.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...women's game has a lot less cheating i.e players rolling around and deliberate time wasting

I watched about 65 mins of the ENG vs ARG game tonight and the absense of cheating, feigning, diving and all-round poor sporting behaviour was hugely refreshing and a massive plus for me. Yes, there were some robust challenges and some late tackles too but the players generally picked themselves up and got on with it. I didn't notice any screaming at / surrounding of the officials either. The elite men's game could learn a huge amount from this aspect of the women's game.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Decided that I wouldn't watch any of it 'cos it would be rubbish. Then decided to give the second half of this evening's game a chance. And it was rubbish. Frankly I'd rather watch Crawley in League 2. That'll be it for me as far as women's football is concerned. Stick to netball girls.

:lol: id love to see people like you out there playing against the likes of the England women's team.

Love the sexist comments from blokes who have more than likely played nothing more than Sunday league pub football

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I watched about 65 mins of the ENG vs ARG game tonight and the absense of cheating, feigning, diving and all-round poor sporting behaviour was hugely refreshing and a massive plus for me. Yes, there were some robust challenges and some late tackles too but the players generally picked themselves up and got on with it. I didn't notice any screaming at / surrounding of the officials either. The elite men's game could learn a huge amount from this aspect of the women's game.

Give it time. When the stakes and egos increase, so will the cynical side

boik

Decided that I wouldn't watch any of it 'cos it would be rubbish. Then decided to give the second half of this evening's game a chance. And it was rubbish. Frankly I'd rather watch Crawley in League 2. That'll be it for me as far as women's football is concerned. Stick to netball girls.

To be honest I don’t think you will be missed.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Was at the game last night. No alcohol in the stadium was the only thing I didnt enjoy. The game reminded me of watching Brighton games 25 years ago. But this time I wanted the better team to win... :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here