Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a joke once again. Hit at speed no hope of getting out of way. For those that say this rule eliminates doubt I would say nearly impossible to move up or down without moving arms that are needed for balance. This rule must change otherwise Premier games will become a farce. Who is going to be first side that sends defenders out with arms strapped to side.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
What a joke once again. Hit at speed no hope of getting out of way. For those that say this rule eliminates doubt I would say nearly impossible to move up or down without moving arms that are needed for balance. This rule must change otherwise Premier games will become a farce. Who is going to be first side that sends defenders out with arms strapped to side.

She was even pulling her arm out of the way but she had no chance at that speed and at that distance. It's a Brian Rix.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The VAR was great. The new rule is a bit shit, though.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Japanese defender also got booked for trying to get her arm out of the way. So now we face a scenario where a defender on a booking will be deliberately targeted by blasting a ball at his arm, resulting in a penalty (now an almost certain goal as keepers can barely move) and a sending off.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This rule must change otherwise Premier games will become a farce. Who is going to be first side that sends defenders out with arms strapped to side.

New Spurs home shirt...

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 156

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This really is a case of the public getting what the public wanted , getting it and now realising it's shyte get rid of it :lolol:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I might be a bit biased but that's one of the better footballing teams out, and a very limited Dutch team progresses. You'd have to be Dutch to think that was a good result.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The Japanese were a credit to football. The total opposite of Cameroon. They play with total honesty, work their socks off to a person, respect the laws of the game and deserved to get through on today's performance. I felt really sorry for them that they are now out of the competition. I also fell in love with their number three!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I'd love to watch more games.

Even though the tournament is being held here they're only showing the French matches on terrestrial telly, I'm hoping once the quarters and semis start that there'll be more coverage.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This really is a case of the public getting what the public wanted , getting it and now realising it's shyte get rid of it :lolol:

Really? Did many people want this? I don't know anyone who was calling for VAR, nor any campaigns etc calling for it from fans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here