Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With the latest VAR nonsense in the France v Brazil game I swear it is ruining football at such a rapid rate that if our games become like that this season I might finally give up. Literally it's sucking the life out of the game.

I rather like it. I'm a big fan of panto. And numerous wrongs are being righted. In the England game, deffo. And here the French forward scored with her arm and flattened the keeper :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Get girls playing football at school and local clubs but push it too hard and not let in involve naturally and you will kill it.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
With the latest VAR nonsense in the France v Brazil game I swear it is ruining football at such a rapid rate that if our games become like that this season I might finally give up. Literally it's sucking the life out of the game.

If it's completely clear what the rules are (I mean VAR clear) and the ref's video and audio deliberations become part of the 'entertainment' (skating on thin ice here) then it might just have a future. But **** me - it has to be sharpened up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Incidentally, Brazilian keeper has a belly button piercing in. I thought all jewellerytastic garnishments were verboten in footy? ???

Mind you, if any of the men have a Prince Albert I expect they could play on without detection.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I rather like it. I'm a big fan of panto. And numerous wrongs are being righted. In the England game, deffo. And here the French forward scored with her arm and flattened the keeper :shrug:

For me it was a good goal but that's not the point. If it takes several minutes and hundreds of slow motion replays to make a decision then it's not clear and obvious. Once the ref makes a decision there should be a 30 second limit and if no decision can be made by then then the original decision should stand.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Looked to me like the brazil keeper carried it onto the French player, should have stood.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Trying to enjoy it. VAR has ruined it so far.

How did cricket and rugby get it so right, but football seems to be ****ed?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me it was a good goal but that's not the point. If it takes several minutes and hundreds of slow motion replays to make a decision then it's not clear and obvious. Once the ref makes a decision there should be a 30 second limit and if no decision can be made by then then the original decision should stand.

Mmmmm....yes, but this is simply because they aren't good at it yet. We Brits weren't all that good at not drink driving, and the old bill weren't much cop at stopping it, when it first became law, way back when. It will get there, and there is no going back.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Mmmmm....yes, but this is simply because they aren't good at it yet. We Brits weren't all that good at not drink driving, and the old bill weren't much cop at stopping it, when it first became law, way back when. It will get there, and there is no going back.

They really should be good at it by now - it been going in various countries relatively successfully for a while now. I guess now FIFA are involved it's inevitable it's becomes a shower of shit. Agree though there's no going back.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
French girl is not even looking at the ball, just sticking herself in there. Does hit her arm, which is infront of her. Not ' a natural position' if it works against defenders it has to work against attackers too, for me that goal should be ruled out.

The law relating to scoring when a handball is involved has changed for next season - along with some other changes, which I believe they are using in this World Cup.

"The changes mean gaining control or possession and then scoring as a consequence of handling the ball will not be allowed - neither will a goal scored directly from handling the ball, regardless of intent".

So if the ball hit the French girls arm - deliberate or not - the goal is ruled out.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Whereas that Brazil equaliser was the perfect example of how VAR should work. Goal ruled offside, very quick look, obviously onside and goal awarded within 20 seconds or so. Credit where it's due.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I watched the Lionesses win ... thought they showed fantastic discipline in the face of outrageous behaviour from Cameroon. The ref should have showed 11 yellow cards when Cameroon were effectively refusing to restart the game after the 2nd goal. VAR was absolutely correct for the England goal that had been disallowed and for the Cameroon 'goal' which WAS offside - even if it was only marginally. England probably should have had a penalty late in the game ... but the big injustice for me was the disgraceful challenge that was a red all day long.

As I type - Brazil have scored after another VAR decision that was incorrectly given offside in the build up to the goal. Decision made pretty quickly... so VAR doing what it's supposed to do.

People moan about goals that shouldn't have stood as they were offside - or vice versa - now people are complaining when it takes a little bit of time to get the correct decision!! The only issue I've had with VAR is penalty retakes when the keeper is maybe an inch off the line and then the keeper gets a yellow card!! Fortunately, we are not going to have that process on the Premier League next season!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Farce? Our second goal was perfectly good, incorrectly ruled out for offside, and VAR fixed it.

The penalty decision was when it was already 3-0 and the game was over, and they bottled it. But the ref didn't give it either, so it's not like VAR was the problem.

Cameroon player should have been sent off for an elbow on Nikita Parris right at the start. It is reviewed and the referee does not make the correct decision under the laws of the game.

Farce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here