Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

boik

Respectfully, you're projecting here. There's no objection.

Outside of the usual transfer rumours, managerial changes and preseason friendlies, there's no need for Premier League coverage at all in the summer.

As for not reading women's football stuff, I'm interested as I've coached women here for 4 years at an amateur level. I like the women's game.

My comments are based on the BBC build-up starting 10 and a half hours before KO. It wasn't even that early for the Men's Semifinal v Croatia!

The trouble with starting that early is that in order to fill time, more content is needed and quality inevitably suffers.

Besides, it’s naïve at best to think opinions on women's football coverage (or anything else) should be one sided. Conflicting views help to balance media spin.

And all this on a day when the BBC salaries are revealed...
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48826586

#timetochangethelicensefee

Fair enough. So you're being disparaging about the beebs coverage rather than saying womens football doesn't deserve so much coverage. Apologies.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m watching the semi in a pub somewhere in London as I have a client meeting until 7.30 in Carnaby Street.

Anyone recommend anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Fair enough. So you're being disparaging about the beebs coverage rather than saying womens football doesn't deserve so much coverage. Apologies.

No worries.

On the day of a Semi-Final, one would reasonably expect there to be more media coverage than normal in any sport.

However, one would still expect quality of output, especially from a public-funded broadcaster. How many over 75s need to pay their TV license to cover that?

The BBC's Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2016-2020 may have increased representation but I'm not sure this has necessarily improved the sports coverage.
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/diversity/pdf/diversity-and-inclusion-strategy-2016.pdf

But the great news for those worried about the lack of women's sport after the WWC finishes is that there's only 10 days to go before the Netball World Cup starts.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/netball/48805673

Every match from 15 July onwards will be broadcast by the BBC.

are you not entertained.png

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Decided that I wouldn't watch any of it 'cos it would be rubbish. Then decided to give the second half of this evening's game a chance. And it was rubbish. Frankly I'd rather watch Crawley in League 2. That'll be it for me as far as women's football is concerned. Stick to netball girls.

What a relief that Englands womans team has been knocked out of their cup match,there has been so much on BBC and newspapers regarding womens football,we can now concentrate on preseason transfers and then the build up to the real thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here