View Poll Results: Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

Voters
330. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, loving it

66 20.00%
  • Wouldn’t draw the curtains to watch if it was in my back garden

68 20.61%
  • Dipping in and out

158 47.88%
  • Other

38 11.52%
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 343505152535455 LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull4Ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lucy Bronze v Megan Rapinoe is going to be a hell of a dual !
    Why can't the men's game have such brilliant players with such brilliant names?

That Invincible bloke was a bit shit.

Bronze, however.....Name:  kickarse.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  214.2 KB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
    It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Why can't the men's game have such brilliant players with such brilliant names?

That Invincible bloke was a bit shit.

Bronze, however.....Name:  kickarse.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  214.2 KB
      We need a right back to replace Bruno - I think Lucy could do a job !
      "It's better to be a 'has been' than a never will be !"

1 Not allowed!
      The game last night and tonight were excellent. Its not quite the same game as men's football and i mean that in a very positive way. There is 'more football' being played and some of the passing is poor, some is exquisite. I can't believe that people have just written it off (the 65 in the poll) its been better than a lot of PL games.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverhatch View Post
      An absolutely huge football occasion coming up. England Germany final anyone?
      We'll do well to the beat the US but I can't see it being Germany in the final - I'm not even convinced they'll beat Sweden. I fancy it will be a US v Italy final
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
      The game last night and tonight were excellent. Its not quite the same game as men's football and i mean that in a very positive way. There is 'more football' being played and some of the passing is poor, some is exquisite. I can't believe that people have just written it off (the 65 in the poll) its been better than a lot of PL games.
      A very exciting game last night which I enjoyed. Was whatsapping with the bloke I sit with at The Albion who was also watching and rates it for what it is.

There's much less diving and whinging but then there are fewer physical challenges. There's a constant edge of excitement but then some of that is down to tactical naivity. There was barely any midfield structure at all last night and the USA's second was due to France being all over the place. But now they've sorted out VAR the games are flowing much better and there's a feeling, not dissimilar to a tight international Rugby Union game, that any attack could change the game at any point.

Sadly I am going to be on a train hom from Preston on Tuesday night so won't be settling in to watch from the sofa but I'll try and get good enough reception to watch on my phone..
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GooGull View Post
      Unfortunately they play most of their games at Crawley which puts a lot of people off
      Are they not extending the centre at Lancing to play their games there?
      WEST STAND ANDY

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Are they not extending the centre at Lancing to play their games there?
      It would be great if they could but with attendances around the 500 mark (and who knows possibly a few more due to the attention the World Cup has received) I'm not sure whether the training ground could cope with 500 to 600 people for their matches?

Debating whether to get a season ticket for the WFL as very reasonable for Ł30 and hopefully not too many would clash with the 1st team dates. Currently when the Albion are away I go and watch my local county side Shoreham when they are at home which I love. It's so nice to also support my real local side as it's cheap, easy to get to, and you get to chat to some of the guys after the game for a drink or two, and there's none of this 'Billy Big Bollocks' you get with some of the prima donna Premier League players. It's a nice counter balance.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      A very exciting game last night which I enjoyed. Was whatsapping with the bloke I sit with at The Albion who was also watching and rates it for what it is.

There's much less diving and whinging but then there are fewer physical challenges. There's a constant edge of excitement but then some of that is down to tactical naivity. There was barely any midfield structure at all last night and the USA's second was due to France being all over the place. But now they've sorted out VAR the games are flowing much better and there's a feeling, not dissimilar to a tight international Rugby Union game, that any attack could change the game at any point.

Sadly I am going to be on a train hom from Preston on Tuesday night so won't be settling in to watch from the sofa but I'll try and get good enough reception to watch on my phone..
      Its not men's football in the same way that women's tennis for most of the games is different to men's. Personally i prefer to watch the women's tennis as it is not just about aces (yes i know there is more to it and it can also be brilliant). Another good game tonight. It will be on iplayer....you might be able to catch some of it live.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone see the Germany Sweden game? I don't understand the var decision for the offside when it would have otherwise been a penalty. Why did they draw the line from the players upper arm? I thought it had to be a part of the body that could play the ball. They obviously didnt take the lower arm for that reason but it should have been taken from the shoulder shouldn't it which would have made it onside.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GooGull View Post
      Unfortunately they play most of their games at Crawley which puts a lot of people off
      Certainly puts me off
      برايتون حتى أموت