View Poll Results: Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

Voters
330. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, loving it

66 20.00%
  • Wouldn’t draw the curtains to watch if it was in my back garden

68 20.61%
  • Dipping in and out

158 47.88%
  • Other

38 11.52%
Page 1 of 55 12341151 ... LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

0 Not allowed!
    So how many NSCers are watching?
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Super Moderator

1 Not allowed!
      Calling @Dr. No
      Super Moderator

7 Not allowed!
      I voted 'other' because I would probably watch it in the unlikely event that it was going on in my back garden.... but not on TV.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I voted 'other' because I would probably watch it in the unlikely event that it was going on in my back garden.... but not on TV.
      Haha, my line of reasoning as well.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......

0 Not allowed!
      Not watch any of it yet, but probably will catch a game here and there. Just seems a shame that I'm hearing lots about tickets sales, viewers, need more equality etc, but very little selling me the product, and telling me what games are coming up.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

3 Not allowed!
      I’m currently in Australia, and am tempted to start watching, based purely on the newspaper headline I saw over here today following Australia’s victory over Brazil last night. No word of a lie, it said:

SUCK ON THAT ONE! Matilda’s issue bullish retort to critics with comeback win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

0 Not allowed!
      I've caught a couple of games whilst in the pub over the last few days. Australia v Brazil yesterday was a good game.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

1 Not allowed!
      Other. I’m not watching it. I’m not anti-women’s football, I’m simply not interested in it.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....

4 Not allowed!
      Loving it , the Australia v Brazil game was excellent entertainment , in technical ability terms the women's game has dramatically improved and with the proper investment will no doubt continue to get even better , watched about 8 of the games so far and the one thing iv'e noticed the most is the lack of diving and trying to con the ref , also when fouled there's not a 3 minute wait for the game to restart like the mens game because some bloke has had his alice band tugged out of place , look there are obvious differences in the mens and womens games entertainment wise and i doubt womens football will ever attract the sort of crowds the mens game does , but it is growing in it's popularity and this world cup will see a surge of youngsters getting themselves involved in football , China in a ultra tough group look by far the fittest team iv'e seen , love it or hate it , you can't deny it is slowly evolving into a highly entertaining spectator sport .
      Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Watched highlights and read match reports but that's it. I'm finding the rhetoric around it tedious and condescending. If men don't watch it, they're sexist and if men are watching it apparently we're belittling the quality.

As another NSCer stated, they're not selling the product but bemoaning the lack of ticket sales and pay disparity. However, ignoring that pay is linked to how lucrative it is, so if they were selling Women's football better then surely they'd see an uplift in sales and alas, the pay would increase to reflect the fact these players are bringing in a larger audience.

That said, I really couldn't watch a full match. I find the speed of it too slow and they overall quality poor. Having watched a few BHAFC women's matches, it astonishes me that they still pull away from a block and that there's a clear lack of decision making that is apparent when comparing to Men's football. An example is when a player goes into a challenge half-committed and the ball bounces off them. There's a sudden lull and both players then realise the ball is open for posession. You don't see this often in Men's football.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Loving it , the Australia v Brazil game was excellent entertainment , in technical ability terms the women's game has dramatically improved and with the proper investment will no doubt continue to get even better , watched about 8 of the games so far and the one thing iv'e noticed the most is the lack of diving and trying to con the ref , also when fouled there's not a 3 minute wait for the game to restart like the mens game because some bloke has had his alice band tugged out of place , look there are obvious differences in the mens and womens games entertainment wise and i doubt womens football will ever attract the sort of crowds the mens game does , but it is growing in it's popularity and this world cup will see a surge of youngsters getting themselves involved in football , China in a ultra tough group look by far the fittest team iv'e seen , love it or hate it , you can't deny it is slowly evolving into a highly entertaining spectator sport .
      It has potential, it's whether the investment begins to flow more fluidly than haphazardly like it has done over the past 5 years.