Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reckon we'll know by the end of September after the first tranche of winnable games. Leave it much later than that and we'll blow the chance of applying any fixes in January.
    I hope we have first team recruits by the end of this window. Slow players won’t suddenly gain great pace due to new coaching methods.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      I hope we have first team recruits by the end of this window. Slow players won’t suddenly gain great pace due to new coaching methods.
      And Stephens has been pathetically patted on the head for so long for passing the ball sideways or preferably backwards that it'll be a major re-education to get him to pass the ball forwards. Fair play to GP if he can actually make that happen. Forgive me if I don't hold my breathe tho.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      And Stephens has been pathetically patted on the head for so long for passing the ball sideways or preferably backwards that it'll be a major re-education to get him to pass the ball forwards. Fair play to GP if he can actually make that happen. Forgive me if I don't hold my breathe tho.
      TB, in my opinion, isn’t going to bank say half of this season’s £135m club income, so that we go down with a war-chest. He’s too clever to waive goodbye to the cash cow of PL broadcasting income.

On that basis I expect we’ll see three or four quality recruits this summer. It’s natural for supporters in mid June to feel like no one of note is signing. The transfer market has barely got going.
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      TB, in my opinion, isn’t going to bank say half of this season’s £135m club income, so that we go down with a war-chest. He’s too clever to waive goodbye to the cash cow of PL broadcasting income.

On that basis I expect we’ll see three or four quality recruits this summer. It’s natural for supporters in mid June to feel like no one of note is signing. The transfer market has barely got going.
      TB may well be a god-like financial genius, but footballing-wise he's only as good as his recruitment department. And their recent record is decidedly patchy.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!

Even if we don't spend a penny in the transfer window this summer, TB would have far less than "half of this season’s £135m club income" left over. Our total staff costs alone in 2017-18 were 78 million, and they would have been decidedly higher last season.

On top of that the accounts take the hit of the amortised player registrations from spending in previous windows.

Already for 2019-20 there isn't a great deal of that "£135m club income" that isn't already spent.
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations - Updated per February 2019 Premier League Squad List

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.

0 Not allowed!
      TB may well be a god-like financial genius, but footballing-wise he's only as good as his recruitment department. And their recent record is decidedly patchy.
      what about the analytical business "star lizard"?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      Even if we don't spend a penny in the transfer window this summer, TB would have far less than "half of this season’s £135m club income" left over. Our total staff costs alone in 2017-18 were 78 million, and they would have been decidedly higher last season.

On top of that the accounts take the hit of the amortised player registrations from spending in previous windows.

Already for 2019-20 there isn't a great deal of that "£135m club income" that isn't already spent.
      that is a scary eye-opener

1 Not allowed!
      In the Championship - exceptional recruitment by PW.

In the PL - £115m spent in fees alone, not a lot to show for it (an ok first season, awful second season).

3 Not allowed!
      Is it!!?? Firstly, no recruitment team's efforts are faultless... secondly, Chris definitely played players out of position and not to these player's strengths... so, let's give these players a chance to shine under GP before just assuming it is all down to poor recruitment, shall we?
      SockMonster Quote: “I agree with BW… I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.”

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post

The Albion’s last published accounts for 2017/18 showed a profit before player trading of £35m.

In cash flow terms, the club went from £16m overdrawn to £9m in the bank - a positive movement of £25m.

Remember that when the club signs a player over say a 3 year contract, only 1/3 of the transfer and agent’s fee is charged as an amortisation expense to the P&L each year. So £60m of new signings, give a £20m dent on profits annually, plus the effect of any increase in wages for the new players over the ones they’re replacing.

There is no cash strapped Domesday situation just now, the club can afford to make significant signings this summer.

@El Presidente - what’s your assessment, please?