Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BBC Statistician - Brighton Squad needs "major surgery"

el punal

Well the new season starts in about six weeks time. Major changes have taken place already, hopefully positive ones. We’ll soon find out one way or another how it all pans out. One thing is for sure I would expect more than ONE home win in the last five months of the year than the solitary one we had in the first five.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If there is a major mismatch between the particular strengths of the players recruited, and the tactics deployed by the manager, then you'll end up competing in the 17th-20th league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well the new season starts in about six weeks time. Major changes have taken place already, hopefully positive ones. We’ll soon find out one way or another how it all pans out. One thing is for sure I would expect more than ONE home win in the last five months of the year than the solitary one we had in the first five.

I'll be happy with us scoring a goal between St, Patrick's Day and St. George's Day next season.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Lol....we were talking about player recruitment...is it so difficult for you to understand that things aren’t quite so black and white (bw)...I think I’ve posted a legitimate query over your ‘’final say’’ say comment and you’ve gone off on one.

Ye some of us would prefer CH to still be at the club is that so hard to take? Tough if it is....doesn’t mean we won’t be supporting the club next season and getting behind GP

I'm with you on this one

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
And GP's brought along a recruitment guy as part of his backroom staff. Plus there's also Dan! Dan! to be added to the mix. If ever there was a management structure that desperately needed thinning out, it's the Albion's.

Well the strengthening (we hope) has certainty been going on in the management structure
Since the last player brought into the first team, we have added David Wier, Dean Ashworth, Graham Potter, Billy Ried, Bjorn Hamberg and Kyle Macualey, losing Chris Hughton, Paul Trollope and Pat Nevin
So we have doubled the management structure before strengthening the team
I am looking forward to some exciting improvements from this expensive group

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well the strengthening (we hope) has certainty been going on in the management structure
Since the last player brought into the first team, we have added David Wier, Dean Ashworth, Graham Potter, Billy Ried, Bjorn Hamberg and Kyle Macualey, losing Chris Hughton, Paul Trollope and Pat Nevin
So we have doubled the management structure before strengthening the team
I am looking forward to some exciting improvements from this expensive group
And Alex Fraser from Cambridge Utd for U23 recruitment.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lol....we were talking about player recruitment...is it so difficult for you to understand that things aren’t quite so black and white (bw)...I think I’ve posted a legitimate query over your ‘’final say’’ say comment and you’ve gone off on one.

Ye some of us would prefer CH to still be at the club is that so hard to take? Tough if it is....doesn’t mean we won’t be supporting the club next season and getting behind GP

I am glad you will be supporting the club, rather than our ex manager... real progress there... you are moving on at last... well done... oh, and tough (your wording) if you don't like being corrected on how recruitment works at our club...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can somebody point out a major recent improvement, as I must have missed it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great job that, select the players the manager can choose from, but only he carries the can if it all goes wrong

I believe you will find dodgy recruiters have been sacked by Tony in the past... it's just that this time, the manager rightfully got the P45... I think a few forward players already on our books are going to surprise you once Chris's shackles have been removed... can't be certain, obviously... but, then, nor can you, and the other Chris lovers...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe you will find dodgy recruiters have been sacked by Tony in the past... it's just that this time, the manager rightfully got the P45... I think a few forward players already on our books are going to surprise you once Chris's shackles have been removed... can't be certain, obviously... but, then, nor can you, and the other Chris lovers...

Whatever happens next season I guarantee one thing. We are going to be swamped with “told you soers” on NSC

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I will bookmark this post
I am not a Chris lover, I do though try to be fair in my assessment and I happen to be of the opinion he was given some sh-t selection of players to choose from
He kept us with a very poor squad at this level

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Whatever happens next season I guarantee one thing. We are going to be swamped with “told you soers” on NSC

Which is why I wrote "Can't be certain"... although I'm sure that will not be enough to stop the "told you so's" by the Chris love-in teamsters if it all goes tits-up under GP...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I will bookmark this post
I am not a Chris lover, I do though try to be fair in my assessment and I happen to be of the opinion he was given some sh-t selection of players to choose from
He kept us with a very poor squad at this level

TBH, that is a reasonable POV, I just have the opposite opinion, and that is the squad is better than Chris made it look with his overly-negative, shackle-laden, 1-shot-per-game-if-you're-lucky tactics...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And GP's brought along a recruitment guy as part of his backroom staff. Plus there's also Dan! Dan! to be added to the mix. If ever there was a management structure that desperately needed thinning out, it's the Albion's.

I tend to agree. I was in favour of Ashworth's appointment (simply on the grounds that TB knows way more than I do about running a successful organisation so if he was in favour so was I), but Potter's new man now has to be fitted into the equation as well. There must be a few sore toes already amongst the existing staff (pre Ashworth) and the new additions can't have helped. There will be teething problems if nothing else.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Will never tire of saying that 'CH shackles' is this close season's lazy parrotted BS. Will be funny (if it wasn't so serious) to see how many of these very poor signings make any kind of meaningful impact by the end of the phase of many winnable matches by the end of September. Dud player's a dud player. Shackled, my arse :lol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am glad you will be supporting the club, rather than our ex manager... real progress there... you are moving on at last... well done... oh, and tough (your wording) if you don't like being corrected on how recruitment works at our club...

Lol ..as if I care whether you think I have or not...and as you aren’t in charge of recruitment I think my ‘query’ has as much validity as your post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here