Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leon Knight

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's been speaking for two hours on the 'Under the Cosh' podcast with John Parkin and Chris Brown.

It features, as you would expect, lots of swearing, lots of use of the word 'bruv' and a voice that at times gets so high it can only be heard by dogs...but does get Leon's slant on his time at the Albion, the coach incident with McGhee and other tall tales of lunacy from his career, such as training on the beach by himself at Swansea after upsetting the woman who cleans the kit.

It's in two parts, here's a link to the first...if you can bear it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/1-leon-knight-part-1-the-tuck-shop-is-open/id1352733984?i=1000439827267

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Think two others have posted link to this podcast already, but as I’ve listened since then I’ll comment here.

My main takeaway was that as a youth he went off with the England set up, they did loads of tests on them including psychological ones and pronounced him “mad”. No hint of any follow up just said he’s mad and washed their hands of it. Seems pretty disgraceful to me.

My second one was that I wish we had someone who could “tuck” like Leon did.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think two others have posted link to this podcast already, but as I’ve listened since then I’ll comment here.

My main takeaway was that as a youth he went off with the England set up, they did loads of tests on them including psychological ones and pronounced him “mad”. No hint of any follow up just said he’s mad and washed their hands of it. Seems pretty disgraceful to me.

My second one was that I wish we had someone who could “tuck” like Leon did.

Disgraceful maybe. But the guy is a complete bell-end and a nasty piece of work. Sure some of his stuff is amusing in a blokey football geezer way but let’s not forget the bullying, the threats, his misogynistic views and especially that “slut shaming” stuff he did where he set up a platform for men to email intimate photos of their ex girlfriends which he could use to bully, threaten and name them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Disgraceful, yet wholly accurate as it turns out.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Disgraceful, yet wholly accurate as it turns out.

Accurate and I expect most probably bullshit! Like most of what clearly comes out of the lads mouth.

Spoilers below if you are going to listen to it.

For those that can't be arsed to listen to it (and I don't blame you) Leon speaks for two hours about how EVERYONE bar Steve Coppell were against him and how at EVERY club he went to he was always the victim. He claims the incident with McGhee was actually caused by Dean White overhearing him console Kuipers after he was dropped and twisting the story so it made him look like he was criticising McGhee's selections.

It was always someone else's fault even when he openly admits at times he didn't care about football and was just in it for the money. He also recounts how much he used to go out and drink. Basically he felt and still feels the world should have revolved around him.

Cracking player, horrid attitude which ultimately cost him his shot at the big time. Huge waste but I've absolutely zero sympathy for him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Accurate and I expect most probably bullshit! Like most of what clearly comes out of the lads mouth.

Spoilers below if you are going to listen to it.

For those that can't be arsed to listen to it (and I don't blame you) Leon speaks for two hours about how EVERYONE bar Steve Coppell were against him and how at EVERY club he went to he was always the victim. He claims the incident with McGhee was actually caused by Dean White overhearing him console Kuipers after he was dropped and twisting the story so it made him look like he was criticising McGhee's selections.

It was always someone else's fault even when he openly admits at times he didn't care about football and was just in it for the money. He also recounts how much he used to go out and drink. Basically he felt and still feels the world should have revolved around him.

Cracking player, horrid attitude which ultimately cost him his shot at the big time. Huge waste but I've absolutely zero sympathy for him.

Spot on.

When someone like Jon Parkin, who was a fairly laddish player in his time, suggests to Leon that perhaps he could have perhaps listened to those trying to help him at times, you know that Leon's biggest career problem was that he was Leon.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Calling out Charlie Oatway for being thick! Bloody Hell, Pot calling the Kettle.

At least Oatway has made something of himself.

I loved Leon when he was at the Albion, but the bloke was a nasty peice of work, saw him out several time used to shag a girl I worked with in Topshop heard plenty of stories at the time, that I didnt believe but looking back now, Probably were true.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
What a shame that he believed all the hype that he'd made up about himself. There was a bloody good player there but with a massive inferiority complex so he had to big it up all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here