Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why the question mark?

"offered to Liverpool". Right, so bloom phoned up Liverpool saying 'he's really good, definitely worth an offer'.

No.

And no, it doesn't count if it's the agent, as the agent can't offer him to anyone.
Absolutely the agent can, with the club’s blessing.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He’d be off if Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea wanted him, but they all seem to have better/ higher priority options. Doubt Newcastle think he’s a priority. Expect Belgium’s performance and his lack of game time in the World Cup didn’t help his profile.
He would be best getting his head down and scoring a few goals in the second half of the season to encourage a bid from a top 6 club in the summer. He’ll be gone then if he doesn’t sign a new contract. Just hope he doesn’t do a Maupay on us. ( the strop not the missing from 3 yards).

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Trossard has apparently been out of sorts since coming back from the WC .
I keep hearing/reading this... firstly it could be bollocks, and if true why would Roberto pick him if he was so obviously out of sorts because he wants to leave ?

What’s more likely, is that Leo was gutted at how his and the Belgium WC campaign panned out, after all they were pretty shite. Leo was (as he always seemingly is) a bit part player who when given a start (often) fails to live up to his hype... that’s on Belgium and Martinez for me.

That for me is what’s up with Leo, and it’s (to a degree) understandable as he went into the tournament, in the form of his life, deserving of a starting birth in his favoured position.

I just don’t buy the he’s sulking and he wants out and we’re holding him back narrative... we won’t be and he’ll be allowed to leave if his valuation is met. It might be Jan, it might be the summer, but until he goes (I’m sure) he remains committed and as evidenced yesterday remains one of the first picks for Roberto.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bit like Maupay - looked pissed off for weeks and didn’t Boussuma practically stop making an effort in the weeks leading up to his departure?
Tross loves scoring goals but doesn’t have the quality or physique to be top 6 PL no9 striker. I think he has much more goal scoring potential than he’s finding at Brighton at the moment in the position he’s playing in but I can’t see that changing any time soon so I wonder if a European team might suit him better in terms of giving him more goal scoring opportunities - maybe Ajax or PSG?
No chance Ajax they are rubbish and wouldn't give him a big pay day.

Maybe someone like Barca or a top Italian team? Possibly Dortmund or Bayern?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
With the exception of wages I think a move away would be a poor move.
He simply won't get the game time anywhere else. At any top six side he would be a bit part player and rarely get any starts .
For some the grass isn't always greener.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Not quite sure where he would go if he wanted a regular top 6 football. Although the 5 sub rule would help him about it.

Being 28yr this is his last chance of a big final move as there won't be much resale value once he's in his 30's. I just don't think he will start week in, week out for any of the top 6 sides tbh

Newcastle could offer him a bucket load of cash but they seem be being pretty senssible with their transfer fees....... at the moment.

Also one bad week fans will be on his back and moaning too. Loads of Spurs fans have been moaning about Bissouma already this season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not quite sure where he would go if he wanted a regular top 6 football. Although the 5 sub rule would help him about it.

Being 28yr this is his last chance of a big final move as there won't be much resale value once he's in his 30's. I just don't think he will start week in, week out for any of the top 6 sides tbh

Newcastle could offer him a bucket load of cash but they seem be being pretty senssible with their transfer fees....... at the moment.

Also one bad week fans will be on his back and moaning too. Loads of Spurs fans have been moaning about Bissouma already this season.
Wouldn't happen in... eh. I don't know where actually.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Think he would very much fit a top 6 squad. He has those clinical few minutes in his locker that change games.
Yes he would and yes he does but top 6 clubs already have deep squads - Tross would not be happy at the age of 28 sitting on the bench while his years of top condition in professional football is on the wrong side of peaked - the older footballers get, the more risk of injury too. It would be whether having a few ‘clinical minutes’ is enough to get him 90 from week to week in a top 6 club and whether he can compete with talented 21 year olds for a first eleven place.

Should add because of that- can’t see Tross straining at the leash to leave.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Wouldn't happen in... eh. I don't know where actually.

I think we're thankful to have him and accept that he will have games where he goes missing.

Whereas if a team is relying on CL football, used having things their own way and have spent £30-40mil fans at City etc expecting him to be the new Hazard will 'groan' when he's not delivering week in, week out like a prime Hazard did.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Happy Shopper salad cream if yesterdays effort's anything to go by

I reckon he's out of sorts as Belgique were shyte at the world cup and he hoped it may pave the way to a big pay day . . .

it hasn't, so he better buck up so we can cash in proper.

He doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve, so its hard to tell, but I'd like to think he's enjoyed his time here on balance.

I'd be suprised if he signs a new contract with us as I'm sure he expects to step up A rung. (Consistency may preclude that)

so like the rest of you, I haven't got a genuine clue and I'm guessing 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here