Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He can’t be worried about signing a new deal and then Brighton refusing ALL offers.

It simply increases the price. In Trossard’s case, drastically. He’s come on leaps and bounds. So consistent now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He can’t be worried about signing a new deal and then Brighton refusing ALL offers.

It simply increases the price. In Trossard’s case, drastically. He’s come on leaps and bounds. So consistent now.

There are plenty of people who think he "goes missing" on occasion.

I don't think so but, even if he does, when he is not missing he is worth his weight in gold. Beautifully taken goal against the Hammers, great feet, skill, and vision.

And I am sure we would operate a long term contract on the basis of not standing in his way if something good comes his way, whether by contract clauses or a gentleman's agreement - probably better with clauses so that everyone knows where they stand. But how do you define what a "big club" is? or who would be an acceptable caller? If Everton were to ditch Mr Lampard and bring in someone of the standing of Antonio Conte, would that change things.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Even if we offer him another £20,000 a week that`s only £1m a year ,but every place we climb up the table is worth at least that,and with him we will finish a darn sight higher than without him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I don't think so but, even if he does, when he is not missing he is worth his weight in gold. Beautifully taken goal against the Hammers, great feet, skill, and vision.

And I am sure we would operate a long term contract on the basis of not standing in his way if something good comes his way, whether by contract clauses or a gentleman's agreement - probably better with clauses so that everyone knows where they stand. But how do you define what a "big club" is? or who would be an acceptable caller? If Everton were to ditch Mr Lampard and bring in someone of the standing of Antonio Conte, would that change things.

When we signed him, I hoped we'd signed an absolute gem. He was one of the first Belgians we'd looked at and they are superb internationally, and his profile just fitted perfectly here. I must admit to being a little disappointed in his first 18 months here - he was fine without looking like a world beater.

He now looks like a world beater. He is excellent in almost every game now. Oh, and he walks into 20 Premier league first XIs I reckon, not unlike Cucurella.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he was a couple of years younger, all the big clubs would be in for him. Now there's a decent chance he might just stick around, especially if he can play for Brighton and be a starter for Belgium at the same time. GP being pretty tight with Belgium manager Roberto Martinez probably doesnt hurt when communicating on that topic.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he was a couple of years younger, all the big clubs would be in for him. Now there's a decent chance he might just stick around, especially if he can play for Brighton and be a starter for Belgium at the same time. GP being pretty tight with Belgium manager Roberto Martinez probably doesnt hurt when communicating on that topic.

He is absolute class.

But if he wants pastures new at some point, we have a lot of promising youngsters who’ll be only too happy to take his place. We just need one decent one from this lot:

- Mitoma
- Sarmiento
- Enciso
- Khadra
- Adringa
- Boatface
- Moran

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is absolute class.

But if he wants pastures new at some point, we have a lot of promising youngsters who’ll be only too happy to take his place. We just need one decent one from this lot:

- Mitoma
- Sarmiento
- Enciso
- Khadra
- Adringa
- Boatface
- Moran

They’ve all got a hell of a lot to do to even get close to Tross. He is top class and getting better and better. I can’t believe he plays for Brighton at times, he is a truly special talent with a wonderful football brain now too.

Deserves to be playing in European competition, hopefully with us.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They’ve all got a hell of a lot to do to even get close to Tross. He is top class and getting better and better. I can’t believe he plays for Brighton at times, he is a truly special talent with a wonderful football brain now too.

Deserves to be playing in European competition, hopefully with us.

He looked like our new Vicente against West Ham. What a goal!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

If he doesn’t want to commit to a long term contract that’s fine. I don’t agree there would be a get out clause, whether written or by gentlemen’s agreement. There will be a salary that comes with a one or two year contract extension and a higher salary if he commits for longer as in that scenario we can get a higher fee. It’s a two way street and players know that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If he doesn’t want to commit to a long term contract that’s fine. I don’t agree there would be a get out clause, whether written or by gentlemen’s agreement. There will be a salary that comes with a one or two year contract extension and a higher salary if he commits for longer as in that scenario we can get a higher fee. It’s a two way street and players know that.

I agree. These things are negotiated.

Having mentioned a “gentlemen’s agreement”, though, it would not be worth the paper it’s written on….. or rather not written on…… because a promise can be broken. We are no doubt a club less likely to break a promise than most, but everyone knows where they stand if these things are in the contract.

He seems happy where he is, though, and I for one would be sad if and when he goes. I still remember very fondly his goal in the 3-2 defeat of Citeh. Wonderful stuff.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Exactly. Look at Man Utd. They wouldn't look twice at a player over 25. Oh, hang on...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Article looks like it was written by a primary school kid, piss poor Journalism.

Why would Trossard want to go to Everton? Historically a bigger club, yes… we are a much better team with more potential than them at this time.

Trossard would only go to a top 5/6 team, and rightly so, he’s a class act.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Article looks like it was written by a primary school kid, piss poor Journalism.

Why would Trossard want to go to Everton? Historically a bigger club, yes… we are a much better team with more potential than them at this time.

Trossard would only go to a top 5/6 team, and rightly so, he’s a class act.

Whilst I agree not likely Everton would pay alot more than us I suspect and that alone would be enough for most players

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I can see why Leandro would be interested.

I can't see why Tony would be interested

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here