Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don’t understand how the club have let Trossard, Biss and Ali Mac get to only one year left. Outcome of Covid?

I’m not sure it’s as simple of them. All three have become much better players in the last two seasons. I’d imagine they and their agents expect a pretty sizeable pay rise. Or in Biss’s case want a bigger move. Ultimately we are a stepping stone club- players are always going to want to keep their options open and can’t be blamed for wanting to earn as much as the market suggests they’re worth.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don’t understand how the club have let Trossard, Biss and Ali Mac get to only one year left. Outcome of Covid?

Nothing to do with covid, more to do with players preferences, agents, signing on fees and wage increases that are far more appealing and fundamental to the individuals concerned.
They have a short glittering career, that can be cut short through injury at anytime, to be honest you can’t blame them.
The clubs no longer hold the power, the players do, and in fairness that’s right, they are not and should not be beholden to a club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I'm probably wrong, but haven't we got club options to extend Trossard and Ally Mac for another year each?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not so long ago we were getting excited that CMS had been picked for Scotland :lolol:

How far we’ve come in such a short time. How many QUALITY Internationals do we now have?

Tross regularly lifts the ball like that, usually to clear defenders in front of him on the edge of the box to reach an incoming Albion player. Really hope we get at least another year out of him

Fabulous goal

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Not so long ago we were getting excited that CMS had been picked for Scotland :lolol:

How far we’ve come in such a short time. How many QUALITY Internationals do we now have?

Tross regularly lifts the ball like that, usually to clear defenders in front of him on the edge of the box to reach an incoming Albion player. Really hope we get at least another year out of him

Fabulous goal

There is a genuine chance that by the end of the season a Brighton player will be a World Cup winner. Trossard, Mac Allister and Sanchez all have a huge chance.

I can remember being excited when we signed Rami Shaaban on loan because he’d gone to a World Cup! :lolol:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
There is a genuine chance that by the end of the season a Brighton player will be a World Cup winner. Trossard, Mac Allister and Sanchez all have a huge chance.

I can remember being excited when we signed Rami Shaaban on loan because he’d gone to a World Cup! :lolol:

AND - playing in the Champions League with Brighton. I haven't been drinking or taking any hallucinogenic substances. Our squad is seriously talented and underrated.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Gary Chivers “We’ve got a Maltese International”

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
AND - playing in the Champions League with Brighton. I haven't been drinking or taking any hallucinogenic substances. Our squad is seriously talented and underrated.

Dunky and Webster our IGNORED English players, not playing in the CL but certainly under rated by the genius that is Southgate.

I’d lay money they’d be England players if they were playing for Palace or Villa

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Dunky and Webster our IGNORED English players, not playing in the CL but certainly under rated by the genius that is Southgate.

I’d lay money they’d be England players if they were playing for Palace or Villa

I really don’t mind Southgate but he does appear to be seduced by big(ger) club aura. The other thing to consider is that Dunk, in particular, got his England debut while playing under Chris. There can be little doubt that LD is a better more confident footballing defender after 3 years in a Potter team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I really don’t mind Southgate but he does appear to be seduced by big(ger) club aura. The other thing to consider is that Dunk, in particular, got his England debut while playing under Chris. There can be little doubt that LD is a better more confident footballing defender after 3 years in a Potter team.

I'm not sure I believe some of this Southgate stuff. Maguire had barely made his Leicester debut when he got called up based on his performances for Hull. Southgate's probably given more caps to players outside the top teams than I can remember any England manager doing - include Dunk. Last international; Rice, Philips, Coady, Bowen, Pickford, Kane - none of them play for big clubs. Maguire was made by England to become a MU player, not the other way round.

I wouldn't say any of our players have been ignored. Webster needs to stay fit enough to have a run of consistent games for his club before he is in the reckoning, no bias there, I wouldn't have him in yet. Dunk has faults that probably our striped tinted glasses don't always see.

You can level a lot of things at Southgate, but he's bought a lot of young players through from a range of clubs and backgrounds.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not sure I believe some of this Southgate stuff. Maguire had barely made his Leicester debut when he got called up based on his performances for Hull. Southgate's probably given more caps to players outside the top teams than I can remember any England manager doing - include Dunk. Last international; Rice, Philips, Coady, Bowen, Pickford, Kane - none of them play for big clubs. Maguire was made by England to become a MU player, not the other way round.

I wouldn't say any of our players have been ignored. Webster needs to stay fit enough to have a run of consistent games for his club before he is in the reckoning, no bias there, I wouldn't have him in yet. Dunk has faults that probably our striped tinted glasses don't always see.

You can level a lot of things at Southgate, but he's bought a lot of young players through from a range of clubs and backgrounds.

Agree completely. I think most (although not all) of the whines are posters viewing things through BHAFC spectacles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here