Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I think you've just summed up a lot of Brighton fans on NSC right now. Expectations through the roof, entitlement levels skyrocketing, second guessing everything the club does. Christ and we have the gall to criticise Newcastle fans for their expectations!

Well, I am excited just by the change of manager/direction of the club.
I am sure 'exciting' signings will happen!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Haven't the club done that with the Hughton sacking? We've very clearly announced that survival football, getting towards the top of the "bottom 5" mini-League is not good enough. So of course, expectations are for an improvement.

I see why your saying that but I don’t think it’s as black and white as that.

Yes obviously we would love to progress and possibly move up the table but CH was sacked because Bloom felt he wouldn’t deliver safety this season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think Tony like the rest of us just wants to turn up at a home game and be entertained a bit more.

If it means we get relegated while our style changes then Its a hit I am willing to take.

The last 6 months in particular had been torture at home, I may actually venture to an away game now if possible

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Saying they didn’t go to games because they were bored, Chris Hughton is sh*t, blah blah.

When we start playing attractive football (what is the criteria for this, by the way?), but losing 1-3, 2-4, 0-2 will they get bored again, I wonder

You make it sound like it has to be one or the other. You are aware that you can play attacking football and win!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I am hoping that this is a great signing, I am a Brighton fan.
I am also hoping that our recent signings have now settled in after a season and that GP will find a way to get the best out of them with a different style of football.
But due to the fact that those signings didn't really shine last season I am worried that it is more of the same, don't get me wrong I thought our new players, at times, showed great potential, but it's a very tough league.
We would need to sign Eden Hazard for me to get really excited.
I know the best players cost money we don't have but our signings are usually pretty much unknown with no PL experience, so the jury is usually out until they prove me wrong.
We need some PL experience to come in to our squad, or does the fact that after 2 seasons we have that PL experience now and our current players could do a job.
At the moment its all up in the air, even the manager has no PL experience.
Another exciting/worrying/successful or relegation threatening season coming up.
Which is nice.

It's appropriate that you used 'GP' in your post mentioning recent signings, with 'new' GP finding a way to get the best out of them.

Our previous 'GP' managed to very quickly coach El Abd into a ball playing defender to the surprise of all/most Albion fans. Reading the piece by Ankergren on the official site he said that during that title winning season nobody was scared to receive the ball from the goalkeeper. The 'new' GP played the ball out from the goalkeeper whenever possible at his previous clubs. Perhaps we will see a move away from the Ryan Hoofball into touch which might see last season's disappointments in better positions to be a threat?

My initial thoughts are that with a different coaching philosophy with players coached to be comfortable on the ball we might see just why we paid so much for Locadia and Alireza? In the PL under Hughton we were so poor with movement off the ball-possibly because 9 players were behind the ball most of the time? Or they really were a waste of 30 Million or whatever it was we paid...

Many of us suggested last season's woes were down to coaching. We could be about to find out if that was the case.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
One Belgian in Twitter says:

'He's a winger with a flawless technique, overview, stamina and dribbling skills. The type of player probably closest to Hazard'

At £18m and with no competitors this might be exaggerating things a little though.

The problem with Twitter and all is its probably the opinion of at best a teenager in his bedroom in Gent or at worst a teenager in his best friends Mum's bedroom using an VPN based in Croydon

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Must have missed these posts. Pretty well everyone seems excited by this signing and is looking forward to the new season. Expectations are for a more exciting style of football with acknowledgement that it could all go pear shaped.

Care to link to all these entitled posts you talk of?

You beat me to it.

A new season always sees expectation levels rise. Factor in a new manager and two highly regarded signings (so far). What's not to be excited about? Like you, I can't recall all of these entitled posts. Maybe he hasn't got over Hughton's departure yet?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Tony like the rest of us just wants to turn up at a home game and be entertained a bit more.

If it means we get relegated while our style changes then Its a hit I am willing to take.

The last 6 months in particular had been torture at home, I may actually venture to an away game now if possible

There speaks a man who won't be £30m out of pocket due to said 'hit'. :lol:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Agree with your sentiment, but not sure Tony Bloom would agree....:wink:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Be interesting to see what Potter does if his attacking policy doesn't work. Players like Locadia and AJ look toilet and its hoped (more than expected) its because of Hughtons tactics.

Hughton seemed unable to change his philosophy . Would Potter be able to if he really has inherited duds ?

Going attacking with players that are not up to it will see you relegated by February

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Must have missed these posts. Pretty well everyone seems excited by this signing and is looking forward to the new season. Expectations are for a more exciting style of football with acknowledgement that it could all go pear shaped.

Care to link to all these entitled posts you talk of?

The one I quoted. And honestly, much of this thread. A year ago this thread would have been nothing but about Trossard and excitement for what he can do, this year there is huge amounts of debate about where we're signing players from, whether they're experienced enough, do we need this position, is the club getting it right, l plus lots of Hughton chat. Don't be obtuse and ignore that!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did someone ask for inane frivolous posts...

...hold my Haribo.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The one I quoted. And honestly, much of this thread. A year ago this thread would have been nothing but about Trossard and excitement for what he can do, this year there is huge amounts of debate about where we're signing players from, whether they're experienced enough, do we need this position, is the club getting it right, l plus lots of Hughton chat. Don't be obtuse and ignore that!

With CH this time last year we had a certainty that the manager and team could keep us up. Don't have that certainty now with Harry, however I have more confidence in him keeping us up than with CH after the abysmal second half of the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here