Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll cop up to shirking a few games last season. From January through February I went a handful of times. It was too damn cold to sit there and get pissed off watching our piss poor football. Frankly I had better things to do with my Saturdays; things that didn't involve spunking a load of money down the pub only to get angry and stomp off home in a strop.

But, my heart wasn't in it and I missed the day out. I missed seeing my mates and hanging out with my dad so I decided to go back. For the Bournemouth game. Didn't go again for the rest of the season and, if I'm perfectly honest, I was contemplating not going at all next season.

Then Chris was given the kick and my mojo came back. I cannot bloody wait for next season now not because I'm expecting great things or for us to have suddenly become a world class football team but because I won't be watching shit, slow, defensive, duller than watching paint dry Hughtonball.

Some people will call me a bad fan and, yeah, I guess that's fair. But, and I can't stress this enough: I could not give less of a shit.

I went to all the home games and several away games but get what you’re saying entirely. It was just dreadful to watch, game after game. We keep going sometimes because we think ‘it has to change.....maybe today.....’ but the very rare highlight apart, it just didn’t. Even some of the games we won were awful. Imagine TB felt exactly the same.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We didn’t though, Bournemouth be the prime example when we were so open.

Their first goal for example, powderpuff nothing challenge by Propper, all our players out of position, they practically walked the ball in.

Humiliating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, by then Chris had destroyed our player’s ability to even defend well... he lost the dressing room... we lost games...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Whilst I agree we do ideally need another striker, centre midfield is still the area we most urgently need to strengthen.

No! RB AND ST the obvious key areas to fill gaps (assuming LT signs)...

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Passed his medical according to Belgian journalist.

[TWEET]1143574708207726592[/TWEET]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, by then Chris had destroyed our player’s ability to even defend well... he lost the dressing room... we lost games...

It could be that the Booze Brothers started to really cane it after new year, explaining how our results entered a relegation death spiral in 2019.

Whatever the reason, we only just scraped by in the end because of our 2018 points return.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Any further motion towards holding a shirt?
They're checking stock to find a kid's shirt to fit him

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

el punal

I went to all the home games and several away games but get what you’re saying entirely. It was just dreadful to watch, game after game. We keep going sometimes because we think ‘it has to change.....maybe today.....’ but the very rare highlight apart, it just didn’t. Even some of the games we won were awful. Imagine TB felt exactly the same.

I missed two home league games and went to nine away last season. For me the writing on the wall became apparent in the second half against Fulham away. Our confidence just evaporated and it was only gutsy defensive performances in the last few matches, and, Cardiff’s inability to take advantage that saved us. The absolute nadir were the hat-trick of home defeats against Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff. It was then that I knew Chris Hughton would not be here next season. Everything that was so good about the team for three years - togetherness, team spirit, fight to the end, never give in - just disappeared. For what reasons I just don’t know, but it was obvious that Chris’s motivational powers had disappeared too.

Now we start a new chapter with a new manager in Graham Potter, one of the new breed of up and coming British managers. Perhaps a new and exciting development in how we play too. I’m being positive and am really looking forward to it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Hold on.

I can feel something happening.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
out of interest and not having a pop but I see you joined here in 2011.

Did you start following the Albion properly when we got the Amex ?

And di you toss a few games off when we had that bad season under Hypia ?

Funnily enough I didn't skip any of the Hyypia calamity. Which is weird now that I think about it. But back then I had other reasons for not wanting to be at home, truth be told so that could go some way to explaining that.

As for my join date, yeah that's pretty much it. My dad took me to a bunch of games at the Goldstone and I enjoyed it and I was a junior seagull and all that but when I hit 14 or 15 in 2000 my attentions had turned to music and girls and I couldn't really stomach the Withdean.

I got into the Albion properly during the League 1 winning season mostly because it was a fun way to spend time with my dad. Go to the pub, have a few drinks and then go and watch us be brilliant.

Last year was the first time my support has been tested. It was just hard to stomach and, at times, it was tapping into some anger problems I've dealt with all my life. Just made sense in my head to minimise negativity and binning off the football was a no-brainer in that regard.

Apologies, bit of a rambling answer.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
False alarm. Just wind.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This has come up as you quoting me but when I look it just says “ignore”

Bit harsh there, it was a valid point to make surely?

:lol: I did quote you and Braggfan, but then realised the player I had named, wasn't within the right time frame, so deleted my post.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I missed two home league games and went to nine away last season. For me the writing on the wall became apparent in the second half against Fulham away. Our confidence just evaporated and it was only gutsy defensive performances in the last few matches, and, Cardiff’s inability to take advantage that saved us. The absolute nadir were the hat-trick of home defeats against Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff. It was then that I knew Chris Hughton would not be here next season. Everything that was so good about the team for three years - togetherness, team spirit, fight to the end, never give in - just disappeared. For what reasons I just don’t know, but it was obvious that Chris’s motivational powers had disappeared too.

Now we start a new chapter with a new manager in Graham Potter, one of the new breed of up and coming British managers. Perhaps a new and exciting development in how we play too. I’m being positive and am really looking forward to it.

My thoughts exactly......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here