Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The delusional “we have a fantastic squad already, no significant signings are required” posts, thankfully mean nothing. @El Pres confirmed a couple of weeks back that the club have a transfer budget equal to last summer’s, so I would expect TB to invest heavily in the next 4 weeks to give Potter the first team tools to keep us at the top table. A relegation would be a devastating blow to TB, due to the club’s high cost base.

RB, ACM, box to box CM and CF are hopefully in the pipeline.

I agree that it's probable we will get at least another 2 in who are in genuine first team contention. Just from memory, we signed, Ali J, Bissouma and Montoya later than this last summer and I imagine there will be a late flurry this time round as well

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree that it's probable we will get at least another 2 in who are in genuine first team contention. Just from memory, we signed, Ali J, Bissouma and Montoya later than this last summer and I imagine there will be a late flurry this time round as well

I’m also not too worried about the timing. I’m sure the club have planned and worked their socks off, but at this stage selling clubs try to extract silly fees. It will all take shape. To compare, some PL clubs have made no or few significant signings so far, so we’re on track.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The delusional “we have a fantastic squad already, no significant signings are required” posts, thankfully mean nothing. @El Pres confirmed a couple of weeks back that the club have a transfer budget equal to last summer’s, so I would expect TB to invest heavily in the next 4 weeks to give Potter the first team tools to keep us at the top table. A relegation would be a devastating blow to TB, due to the club’s high cost base.

RB,box to box CM and CF

I'd personally do the whole budget on these 3. B2BCM is the absolute priory for me.

The players we have finished in their rightful position last year. If we want to improve we need better players in key positions, it's as simple as that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd personally do the whole budget on these 3. B2BCM is the absolute priory for me.

The players we have finished in their rightful position last year. If we want to improve we need better players in key positions, it's as simple as that.

Totally this. Our ACM had no pace, created little and were caught napping when mobile centre midfields outpaced them on the counter ... even Cardiff FFS, plus Montoya didn’t like playing against widemen.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If I have to hear more muppets suggesting that Potter 'needs time to assess the players in training' I'll tear chunks of my hair out. Pick out highlights of any 5 games last season and you will identify where the gaping holes are in less than half an hour.

This is a great point, Potter must have 100s of hours of video analysis and statistics available to him from last season. If he and his assistants weren't spending every available waking hour studying the team, from the second the ink on his contract was dry, we might as well all cash in on relegation at the bookies.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
With respect. Like the rest of us, you have no idea what we’re prepared to pay salary wise.

Going back a bit to respond to this comment.. it's not difficult to know comparatively what we're likely to pay salary-wise, as the wage bill is made available every year. We're among the lowest in the Premier League.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Haven't we got one of the best B2BCM in the premier league ? I believe Gross is in the top 5 for distance covered in the Premier League.

I think what you are looking for is a FB2BCM :wink:

(And yes, I know Gross is really an AM, but then it wouldn't work :facepalm:)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
From the photos in the training gallery posted this evening, Trossard has taken Knockeart's number 11 (he was number 15 up until now).

phoenix

May 18, 2009
That's poor by Trossard.

It's like sleeping with someone else partner, then moving in before he gets back from work and wearing his pyjamas for when he arrives.

How on earth did your brain come up with that most magnificent analogy ?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Blimey they don't hang around!!

Life comes at you fast in Lancing..

7am... https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/july/potter-hails-impact-of-young-duo/

"come back during at the week before the Valencia game"

5pm.. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/july/gallery-another-week-begins/

Small

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here