Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If you are making someone your record transfer not surprisingly he would expect to have a wage which would make him the highest paid player.
This has a knock on effect and cost with existing contracts like Dunk who would expect parity.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If I was hanging out the back of the new Mrs Trossard I wouldn't be checking the contract smallprint of image rights. Give him time, let him enjoy the honeymoon.

You old romantic. :lol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If he's as good as the papers are making out, I think our wage structure will make it hard to get this one over the line. The clubs agreeing a fee means very little. Fingers crossed, but we're small fry salary-wise.

With respect. Like the rest of us, you have no idea what we’re prepared to pay salary wise.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Villa rapidly starting to piss me off. Firstly their fans thinking that they could get Dunk if they want and now they've shown up late to complicate the Trossard situation.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wouldn't be completely sure villa are involved. Trossard agent seems very dodgy , he hyped up Arsenal interest that wasn't there. Now playing more games.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Villa rapidly starting to piss me off. Firstly their fans thinking that they could get Dunk if they want and now they've shown up late to complicate the Trossard situation.
At least their massive budget has to cover loads of players - we can probably out-finance them for a particular player, as we will be concentrating on fewer recruits.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I wouldn't be completely sure villa are involved. Trossard agent seems very dodgy , he hyped up Arsenal interest that wasn't there. Now playing more games.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

isnt this part of the process of being an agent to get the best wages for the player out of Brighton?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Nothing on Villa Talk about him yet.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Or just that a player with a £18m fee, an agent , and one who had his wedding on Saturday night, is moving to live in the UK and play in the Premier League for the first time, might not necessarily be able to wrap up the personal details of a four year contract where he's potentially paid millions of pounds a year in one conversation.

And the fact that he might need to actually speak to his client before sealing a deal.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
As we go live to Ibiza where the Trossards are on their honeymoon . . .

videoplayback-(0.01.06.04).jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
isnt this part of the process of being an agent to get the best wages for the player out of Brighton?

Yes, but also to secure the move the player wants, advise the player on which potential move might be best for his long term career etc. If he scotches the deal, he might not have Trossard as a client, if it is a move the player really wanted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No point him coming here as our record signing, not if he wants to be appreciated.
He'll only get moans, tuts and groans at the AMEX while being called shitehouse on here.

#Can'tHaveNiceThings.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No point him coming here as our record signing, not if he wants to be appreciated.
He'll only get moans, tuts and groans at the AMEX while being called shitehouse on here.

#Can'tHaveNiceThings.

Change the record, ffs

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Change the record, ffs

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have done I'm going join in with everyone else and boooo him, so I can't then get all titsy about it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have done I'm going join in with everyone else and boooo him, so I can't then get all titsy about it.

He has far less chance of being boo'd here than at 'sleeping mega-giant' Villa... entitled Villa fans almost certain to disapprove IMHO...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you are making someone your record transfer not surprisingly he would expect to have a wage which would make him the highest paid player.
This has a knock on effect and cost with existing contracts like Dunk who would expect parity.
How do we know that our players have 'highest earner' clauses?

It sounds like a daft clause to accept for a defender, as defenders don't generally get paid as much as strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here