Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
See this is where we differ.

I don’t care how we stay up as long as we stay up.

Entertainment is secondary for me. I think we need to build gradually, with better quality, then progress.

Edit - I might have felt differently had we gone down, but we didn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, but I would 100% have been looking for a reason not to go if we had stuck with CH and his tactics for next season :shrug:

Is this what you call a bad fan? In my defence I have never had these thoughts before even when we were at the arse end of the league. What I was watching for the last few months of last season was definitely killing my love for football.

We are all different.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bit harsh to write a player off so young. Always looks more dangerous to me than some of our players.

I'm not writing him off at all. He may turn out to be excellent

But he has done F all for Bournemouth in 3 seasons

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fair enough, but I would 100% have been looking for a reason not to go if we had stuck with CH and his tactics for next season :shrug:

Is this what you call a bad fan? In my defence I have never had these thoughts before even when we were at the arse end of the league. What I was watching for the last few months of last season was definitely killing my love for football.

We are all different.

Absolutely not, you’re a great fan like the vast majority on here.

See I thoroughly enjoyed watching Spurs trying to break us down.

What i didn’t enjoy was us trying to be expansive vs Soton, Bournemouth and Cardiff and falling woefully short.

I simply believe we do not have the personnel.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well that’s at least one more game in terms of chances and goals than at least one of our players last season.....

So you're willing to give said player another 2 seasons to match Ibe's total?

Very generous.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely not, you’re a great fan like the vast majority on here.

See I thoroughly enjoyed watching Spurs trying to break us down.

What i didn’t enjoy was us trying to be expansive vs Soton, Bournemouth and Cardiff and falling woefully short.

I simply believe we do not have the personnel.

We are about to find out if CH got it right as he didn’t have a choice or whether his tactics really were the tactics of a negative man who didn’t believe in his players.

As posted on the Newcastle thread I had always thought he was doing a great job at Newcastle before he got sacked. Turns out he actually had the worst stats of any Newcastle manager since the Premier League began. Consider how many perceived “joke” managers Newcastle have had and it makes it even worse.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We are about to find out if CH got it right as he didn’t have a choice or whether his tactics really were the tactics of a negative man who didn’t believe in his players.

We are indeed though Trossard looks exciting

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Hamstring InjuryOct 23, 2018Nov 9, 2018 17 days
18/19Shoulder InjuryOct 5, 2018Oct 18, 2018 13 days
17/18Torn MuscleAug 20, 2017Dec 8,
2017 110 days
16/17Hamstring InjuryMay 16, 2017Jun 16, 2017 31 days
16/17Muscle InjuryMay 6, 2017May 15, 2017 9 days

180 days injured in the last 2 and a bit seasons not great it must be said !!

So since Dec 8th 2017 30 days about 5 games in Premier league ! we can all view stats how we choose. I choose positive!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I’m of the opinion that I’d rather us stay up playing boring football than go down playing more attacking football.

Don’t get not turning up just because it’s not exciting enough.

I want to see us win no matter how we play, and I’m there to support the team.

We’re supporters, not customers.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
D96NgX0XkAM-dxw.jpg

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’m of the opinion that I’d rather us stay up playing boring football than go down playing more attacking football.

Don’t get not turning up just because it’s not exciting enough.

I want to see us win no matter how we play, and I’m there to support the team.

We’re supporters, not customers.

But we weren't winning, we were defensive dull and still losing.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think it's fair to say that the majority of us were entering this window hoping we wouldn't be signing wingers from leagues like Holland and Belgium this summer.

I certainly hope we look elsewhere for the forward we so badly need.

Trossard scored 20+ goals in the top league in Belgium. Led them to the title. Was their captain. Give the guy a chance-he hasn't even signed yet and there's an air of despondency on here.

Belgium has produced some decent players over the last few years. Hopefully The Albion have uncovered one in Trossard.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Of course it CAN happen. There have been some tremendous players come here from the Dutch League, but I'm just stating what the mood was just a couple of months ago. The Benelux countries have not been a rich vein of untapped Premier League talent for us lately.

Then, the first time we are in for an attacking player, it's back to the same old region that has served us so poorly lately, and somehow everyone is getting all excited over a couple of You Tube videos again. Certainly NOT writing him off before he starts (you have me confused with someone else if you think that is what I do) but equally, I'm not punching the air with delight because there is a half-decent compilation video of the bloke in a League some way inferior to the one we play in. We've been here enough times before, that we have surely learned that lesson.

I certainly wasn't intending to suggest that you were writing him off, there's nothing to suggest you are at all. I think all of the players we've signed have been good players, but we haven't had the best out of them so far. I'm confident that we'll see better from them this season, which is why the manager has been changed, but we'll soon know.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that they think Izquierdo might end up looking like bad business, and I agree with that. He had a good first season, especially in the context of how the team performed from an attacking perspective last season, but if his third season is anything like his second, he'll end up being remembered as a disappointing signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here