Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
??? Murray is a consistent goalscorer, the only striker we have who has a proven record at PL level. 13 goals last year, and 12 the year before. His closest goalscoring rival being Shane Duffy, with 5. His goals last season earnt us an additional 14 points, we'd have finished with NINETEEN POINTS without him, and been relegated. He deserves far, far more respect.

Whilst he may see his playing time reduce as we try and develop our playing style, and try to become less reliant on him, there is no questioning his contribution. Every team in the bottom half wants a Glenn Murray, and we're lucky enough to have him, even to predominantly come off the bench next year. And if he does start a game, I know there's a decent chance he'll score.

good post .

That last comment slagging him off that you replied to is embarrassing

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
??? Murray is a consistent goalscorer, the only striker we have who has a proven record at PL level. 13 goals last year, and 12 the year before. His closest goalscoring rival being Shane Duffy, with 5. His goals last season earnt us an additional 14 points, we'd have finished with NINETEEN POINTS without him, and been relegated. He deserves far, far more respect.

Whilst he may see his playing time reduce as we try and develop our playing style, and try to become less reliant on him, there is no questioning his contribution. Every team in the bottom half wants a Glenn Murray, and we're lucky enough to have him, even to predominantly come off the bench next year. And if he does start a game, I know there's a decent chance he'll score.

I don't disagree with anything you say - Murray has been a phenomenal player for us. However, he did seem to fade quite markedly in the second half of the season, and age is clearly catching up with him. He undoubtedly brings great experience to the squad, but I would be extremely concerned if we found ourselves as reliant on him as we have been in the season ahead.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This, the new regime may even let him get into the oppositions half and if he’s really lucky play the ball forwards!!
Steady on. We'll have none of that going forward talk on here.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As someone with a meniscus + ACL tear in my knee, its the concern over it never being the same again. I get random twinges / pulls all the time which has impacted my jumping / twisting / turning. I guess that is what the OP was alluding to

Agreed and hope you're ok. But Its not the idea that recovering from 2 x ops in 12 months is not fraught with risk. We'll see and i hope he's back soon with a full recovery.
But that wasn't the OP's point. It was the club already knows its even worse than what has been communicated and its being kept a secret.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I wouldn think that TB would agree with you about the relegation. I go to watch BHA win if they can do it in style that is a bonus but the result is the be all and end of as regards the enjoyment and flowing football comes a very poor 2nd.

Obviously Tony and I don't want relegation, however I do turn up to be entertained for my £150 a month outlay. And I have not been entertained for some time.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Oh yes it is ..... a tale of two cities ...... Leicester & Manchester
Much ado about nothing ....... Palace
The Comedy of Errors ... Palace
All's Well That Ends Well...

Millwall (A) in FAC QF

el punal

I have a horrible feeling that Izzy's knee is more problematic than we have been made aware.
But even on one-leg Izzy would be a better option than Ali.

I suspect Trosshard is in for the both of them, to be rotated with Solly and Knocky.

Trosshard? Your new nickname for him or are you in the Houghton spelling club?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a horrible feeling that Izzy's knee is more problematic than we have been made aware.
But that wasn't the OP's point. It was the club already knows its even worse than what has been communicated and its being kept a secret.
Well Shropshire has a horrible feeling, rather than making a full claim that that is the case.

If the medical experts who have worked with Jose think the chances of a full recovery are less than half, I wouldn't expect the club to share that with us - what would be the point? May as well just continue with his rehabilitation and hope for the best.

Has anyone here any idea how what percentage of players with symptoms like Jose, who then have the same operation as Jose, go on to make a full recovery?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't disagree with anything you say - Murray has been a phenomenal player for us. However, he did seem to fade quite markedly in the second half of the season, and age is clearly catching up with him. He undoubtedly brings great experience to the squad, but I would be extremely concerned if we found ourselves as reliant on him as we have been in the season ahead.

Remember we have Hemed too. Another striker getting on a bit, and can't see why we gave him a new 1 year deal to either not include him in the 25 or just to loan him out. Got a horrible feeling we might go with what we've got upfront already and just try to play further up the pitch and get a better service to the front man/men.

Hope we do go for 1 more striker but can we afford to have 5 in the 25? (Murray/Hemed/Andone/Locadia/ & a new striker)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While I agree with your other comments, you can't just claim that without him we'd have had no one else in his place who could have scored.

CH decided there was no one else which is why, unbelievably, Murray played a part in every Premier League game, last season.
For a player who stunk the place out for all of 2019, being humiliated by Millwall in the process, that's quite some doing.

Were it not for some comedy defending and the sweetest of sweetly stuck shots v palace this entire place would be in dismay upon is selection.

As it is we have to be constantly told what he's done for the Albion, with very little acceptance of what he's currently doing and even more importantly what he's capable of doing in the future.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

I do agree, I think we need to evolve our striking options and could well see Andone or Locadia starting much more frequently. Perhaps with Trossard coming in, Locadia will be viewed more as a Centre Forward option, and he may be able to make a great impact under a new manger.

While I agree with your other comments, you can't just claim that without him we'd have had no one else in his place who could have scored.

Indeed this is true, but equally, there is no guarantee that whoever that may have been would have scored the goals he did. Point is/was, in a low-scoring team, where contribution from midfield and wingers is sparse, the goals he scored meant something to the outcome of our season, he gained us a lot of points.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
CH decided there was no one else which is why, unbelievably, Murray played a part in every Premier League game, last season.
For a player who stunk the place out for all of 2019, being humiliated by Millwall in the process, that's quite some doing.

Were it not for some comedy defending and the sweetest of sweetly stuck shots v palace this entire place would be in dismay upon is selection.

As it is we have to be constantly told what he's done for the Albion, with very little acceptance of what he's currently doing and even more importantly what he's capable of doing in the future.

What he's currently doing is 13 PL goals last year. More than Son Heung-Min, more than Firmino, more than Mitrovic. His goals kept us in the division, "stunk out the place" isn't just harsh, it's factually wrong.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

When we are a top four team playing free flowing football with billions to spend, we can afford to be fussy about the likes of Murray. Until then, he remains one of our most effective players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What he's currently doing is 13 PL goals last year. More than Son Heung-Min, more than Firmino, more than Mitrovic. His goals kept us in the division, "stunk out the place" isn't just harsh, it's factually wrong.

How would you describe Murray's 2019 performances?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyhoo I've just realised what can of worms I've inappropriately open on Len's thread.

I apologies to all, as you were.

(Things are improving at least I've noticed. A step in the right direction! )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here