Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not saying all players signed from the Championship are amazing - but there are good quality players in there who I believe could improve our team and the bedding in phase will be a lot shorter.

Maupay from Brentford- when I've seen them play on TV he looks a real handful at 22 years of age. I know people say Brentford won't do buisness with us but if we offer over £10m I'm sure we'll start talking.

Jarrod Bowen from Hull, again 22 years of age but a tricky winger and a great passer of the ball. Around the £10m ball park again - but these are the fees we have paid for Locadia and Izquierdo recently so I don't understand the reluctance.

In just 10-15 weeks I think we'll have a pretty good idea as to the performance of the last recruits.
I don't believe they are on a par or worse than the current crop of Championship starlets.

[MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] is going to be even more unbearable than he currently is, if it turns out they are. :lol:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm not saying all players signed from the Championship are amazing - but there are good quality players in there who I believe could improve our team and the bedding in phase will be a lot shorter.

Maupay from Brentford- when I've seen them play on TV he looks a real handful at 22 years of age. I know people say Brentford won't do buisness with us but if we offer over £10m I'm sure we'll start talking.

Jarrod Bowen from Hull, again 22 years of age but a tricky winger and a great passer of the ball. Around the £10m ball park again - but these are the fees we have paid for Locadia and Izquierdo recently so I don't understand the reluctance.

Maupay is £20m plus

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

If you think Maupay and Bowen would cost us less than £35,000,000 between them then you’re mad.

Maupay would easily be £20m, Bowen would be slightly cheaper because of Hulls owner; but he’d still be £15m+

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you think Maupay and Bowen would cost us less than £35,000,000 between them then you’re mad.

Maupay would easily be £20m, Bowen would be slightly cheaper because of Hulls owner; but he’d still be £15m+
Slightly reminiscent of the closed season I spent arguing with a fellow poster the Albion wouldn't be buying Guilfi Sig (sp) for £15m.
Everton eventually got him for £45m.

The poster in question couldn't have been more apologetic, making for a very pleasant change to the norm.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Presumably this will take a while more to get over the line. Looks like the lad got married today.

041f724541bf65e3e8f3503009cf0815.jpg

Shouldn’t really make any difference, if the player has said yes the agent will be doing the rest, hopefully.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I must have missed something. Why won’t Brentford do business with us?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I must have missed something. Why won’t Brentford do business with us?

Bloom - Benham animosity. Probably over-egged TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Maybe, but there are rumours of Bloom offering our squad a bonus for beating Brentford, and it’s worth noting that he’s always chose the away end over the boxes at Brentford.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Maybe, but there are rumours of Bloom offering our squad a bonus for beating Brentford, and it’s worth noting that he’s always chose the away end over the boxes at Brentford.

Yes, he refused to go in the corporate directors box preferring to stand on the terrace with the fans.
TB also asked Gus if he could go into the dressing room to speak to the team personally.

Stumpy Tim

Not over-egged at all. Apparently Bloom properly dislikes only two people in this world... this guy and a former Albion manager. Allegedly the reason for the former is due to money being stolen, so probably a business deal gone very sour

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Not over-egged at all. Apparently Bloom properly dislikes only two people in this world... this guy and a former Albion manager. Allegedly the reason for the former is due to money being stolen, so probably a business deal gone very sour

Bloom seems like a really straight-up guy, except when people cross him or take advantage of him. I'd be inclined to believe what he says when speaking about BHA.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Yes, he refused to go in the corporate directors box preferring to stand on the terrace with the fans.
TB also asked Gus if he could go into the dressing room to speak to the team personally.

And hires a room above one of the locals pubs for pre and post match entertainment with family, friends and guests.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

So, exactly the kind of money we tend to spend on ‘off the radar’ players from Europe. Maybe we should be looking at quality home grown talent from the Championship? Might take less time to ‘adapt’?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here