Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The guy at Genk who went home yesterday before the money had arrived must have logged into his online banking by now...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The one I quoted. And honestly, much of this thread. A year ago this thread would have been nothing but about Trossard and excitement for what he can do, this year there is huge amounts of debate about where we're signing players from, whether they're experienced enough, do we need this position, is the club getting it right, l plus lots of Hughton chat. Don't be obtuse and ignore that!

The only thing I am highlighting is that you are interpreting the discussion as fans being entitled. Many posters are less than thrilled by last year’s forward signings (not me, I don’t think they were used properly) and are querying why we don’t buy players with Englis football experience. I find it hard to believe that you can be surprised that CH’s style of football is still being discussed either. I fecking hated it and have said that for ages now. Others defend it because they don’t think he had the players to play any other way. Yes it is repetitive and a bit dull now but it doesn’t translate into us being entitled imo.

It is a discussion forum not a CH and club appreciation society.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Be interesting to see what Potter does if his attacking policy doesn't work. Players like Locadia and AJ look toilet and its hoped (more than expected) its because of Hughtons tactics.

Hughton seemed unable to change his philosophy . Would Potter be able to if he really has inherited duds ?

Going attacking with players that are not up to it will see you relegated by February

The club would have got rid of Locadia & AJ etc if they thought our awful form was their fault.

AJ has a reputation for poor 1st season’s with his two previous clubs so this season will be his last chance to shine.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The only thing I am highlighting is that you are interpreting the discussion as fans being entitled. Many posters are less than thrilled by last year’s forward signings (not me, I don’t think they were used properly) and are querying why we don’t buy players with Englis football experience. I find it hard to believe that you can be surprised that CH’s style of football is still being discussed either. I fecking hated it and have said that for ages now. Others defend it because they don’t think he had the players to play any other way. Yes it is repetitive and a bit dull now but it doesn’t translate into us being entitled imo.

It is a discussion forum not a CH and club appreciation society.

Maybe, but I'm excited by Trossard as I am all signings with potential flair, and someone literally wrote 'the only signing that would excite me would be Eden Hazard' which I just find astonishing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe, but I'm excited by Trossard as I am all signings with potential flair, and someone literally wrote 'the only signing that would excite me would be Eden Hazard' which I just find astonishing

I think he was taking the piss!

I am really excited by Trossard. Looks two footed, good on the ball, can run with it, shoot and lay off quality passes. What’s not to like?

Looking forward to getting this over the line and hope there is nothing ominous about the delay in announcing it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I would imagine, on hearing the news re the renewal of the Nike contract, he's instructed his driver to head back to Dover immediamente because this is clearly a club without ambition or imagination.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
20 mins ago his missus posted on IG from "Beautiful Brighton" at the Harbour Hotel....would imagine they will be on their way to Lancing very soon to finalize everything, and be presented to the media.

Dont panic people.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Eek. Hard not to get at least a little bit excited by that sort of comment.

He couldn't be anywhere near that good could he? If he was, we'd have been fighting off some very serious competition for his signature.

We have fought off competition for his signature though? Borussia Monchengladbach were in for him as was Villa and there was interest from Spain as well. Also Arsenal have been scouting him and were touted to be in for him this summer (although looks like they chose Carrasco instead). So yeah, it looks like he chose us over a lot of other Clubs.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
20 mins ago his missus posted on IG from "Beautiful Brighton" at the Harbour Hotel....would imagine they will be on their way to Lancing very soon to finalize everything, and be presented to the media.

Dont panic people.

Is he any good though?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Give the chap a chance he's probably still reading the clubs welcome to Brighton and Hove Albion email from Cashmere Paul .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I am really excited by Trossard. Looks two footed, good on the ball, can run with it, shoot and lay off quality passes. What’s not to like?

Looking forward to getting this over the line and hope there is nothing ominous about the delay in announcing it.

Hampered again by the lack of a sarcasm emoji.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Dont panic people.

It was all signed yesterday so I don't even imagine he will need to go back up there today..Pictures and Interviews will have already been completed..

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Any nice estate agents out there with some nice houses available for a newly married couple, quick quick

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I think he was exaggerating, not taking the piss. But we'd have to ask him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here