Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably natural to be a little impatient, given that we all know that other positions are more critical than another CB. But there has been very little movement in the PL. Villa, understandably given the numbers they have released and loans returning to their parent clubs, lead the way with four. Other than WHU I don’t think anyone else has signed more than one

https://www.bbc.com/sport/48484572

This move sounds promising and close though

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] is clueless , his only SAUCE was arrested in Turkey in 2017 for loitering outside the training ground of Dynamo Thong , and is due for execution during the halftime entertainment show between Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce this coming season .

His release was £75 but [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] spend the money on getting well Sheeboed in the North Laine .

Don’t trust him on this rumour, he’ll be #RONGAGAIN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've just witnessed [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION] and [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] out the back by the bins with their trousers round their ankles; wedgee just kept screaming, "and now you know the truth mofo!"
i left forthwith
. All true stories gentlemen but I’m just trying my best as I’m employed as NSCs CHIEF ITK expert. I know Wedgee is the best but I’m aspiring. TOSS-HARD has SINGED last Tuesday but the CLUB are seeing if they can beat the 3 weeks they kept the Clarke singing hidden after WEDGEEE spike the Heinz everywhere...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
[tweet]1142312814624804869[/tweet]

genkfan

Jun 17, 2019
I like to think of him as our mini-Hazard. Obviously not nearly as strong one on one, but has the same characteristics in his play. I don't know if there is a word for it but in Dutch we like to call them 'flitsenvoetballer', a player who relies on moments of genious. He also has the same technique of running as Hazard. Your description is pretty accurate.

The issue Trossard faces is that he needs to improve his presence during the game. Often he is invisible for 80 minutes and decides the game in the last 10 minutes with a smart cross ball. I think it is fair to say that he is also strong in the defensive kind of play. If you would not know him you'd think he is our central defender sometimes. Guess he has learned to take that responsibility over the years.

Some players are ready at 18 (or younger) some need more time. If you can say anything about Leandro is that he has taken his time and planned his carreer thoughtfully. He started in 2nd division went to a lower tier 1st division (all on loan) and finally in Genk. With each team he stepped up his game and became (one of the) most important players of the team. Last season when he had a good run there was lots of interest from teams all over Europe but he renewed his contract and said that he wanted to leave the club with a bang. He became captain and was a main asset in securing the league title.

The thing that makes me confident that he has the quality to make it in a big league is that he is a man that shows up in the big games. Celta tried to buy him two years ago when he destroyed their flank in the quarterfinal of the europaleague. He has repeated that level of play in big games in Europe and Belgian play-offs.

For the people who look down on the Belgian league, you are right and wrong at the same time. Belgian league is a shit-league mostly because we don't have teams that can do the same as Benfica, Ajax can in Europe. Anderlecht is a big name, but unfortunatly they missed the train in the 90's.

But besides missing out big teams the level of football is better then for example Portugal and Holland. Defences are though and since we intreduced the playoffs we noticed a good improvement in quality. Results of the Belgian teams in Europe have proven that statement.

Furthermore Genk is a talent-house. Our youth is concidered (together with RSC Anderlecht) the best in Belgium. Last year our teams became champion in all (youth) devisions starting from u15 (u15- u16- u18- u21 and our first team ofcourse) quite unique. Genk-youth produced players like De Bruyne, Courtois, Casteels, Carrasco, Benteke, Origi, Praet. And we've got an eye for talent, Ndidi, Milinkovic-Savic, Koulibaly (Napoli). In our current team we've got some prospects as well, Trossard being one of them but Sander Berge is rated highest. This young man is a future captain in a European top top team, curious which team picks him this summer, because it's sure he'll leave this season as he is ready for a step up on the ladder.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All true stories gentlemen but I’m just trying my best as I’m employed as NSCs CHIEF ITK expert. I know Wedgee is the best but I’m aspiring.
But that's the thing, you're not aspiring, you're on the way down. We used to look up to you, but you became complacent and stopped putting the effort it. Now you're an old has been, and something of a laughing stock.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And we've got an eye for talent, Ndidi, Milinkovic-Savic, Koulibaly (Napoli). In our current team we've got some prospects as well, Trossard being one of them but Sander Berge is rated highest. This young man is a future captain in a European top top team, curious which team picks him this summer, because it's sure he'll leave this season as he is ready for a step up on the ladder.

Can we take them both ?

Cheers. Really interesting post.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Some players are ready at 18 (or younger) some need more time. If you can say anything about Leandro is that he has taken his time and planned his carreer thoughtfully. He started in 2nd division went to a lower tier 1st division (all on loan) and finally in Genk. With each team he stepped up his game and became (one of the) most important players of the team. Last season when he had a good run there was lots of interest from teams all over Europe but he renewed his contract and said that he wanted to leave the club with a bang. He became captain and was a main asset in securing the league title.

The thing that makes me confident that he has the quality to make it in a big league is that he is a man that shows up in the big games. Celta tried to buy him two years ago when he destroyed their flank in the quarterfinal of the europaleague. He has repeated that level of play in big games in Europe and Belgian play-offs.

For the people who look down on the Belgian league, you are right and wrong at the same time. Belgian league is a shit-league mostly because we don't have teams that can do the same as Benfica, Ajax can in Europe. Anderlecht is a big name, but unfortunatly they missed the train in the 90's.

But besides missing out big teams the level of football is better then for example Portugal and Holland. Defences are though and since we intreduced the playoffs we noticed a good improvement in quality. Results of the Belgian teams in Europe have proven that statement.

Furthermore Genk is a talent-house. Our youth is concidered (together with RSC Anderlecht) the best in Belgium. Last year our teams became champion in all (youth) devisions starting from u15 (u15- u16- u18- u21 and our first team ofcourse) quite unique. Genk-youth produced players like De Bruyne, Courtois, Casteels, Carrasco, Benteke, Origi, Praet. And we've got an eye for talent, Ndidi, Milinkovic-Savic, Koulibaly (Napoli). In our current team we've got some prospects as well, Trossard being one of them but Sander Berge is rated highest. This young man is a future captain in a European top top team, curious which team picks him this summer, because it's sure he'll leave this season as he is ready for a step up on the ladder.

All sounds very promising - thanks for sharing. Our signings from the Belgium league I have been impressed with (Ryan and Izquierdo - shame about Izquerido’s injuries last season, in his first season he was excellent). It’s the Dutch league where we seem to waste our money (with Propper being the one exception).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Thanks for that.

You make it sound like Len would rather come to a team like The Albion, with the probability of playing every week, so as to showcase himself to a 'big 6' side.
Instead of going straight there in the hope of playing occasionally.

Fingers crossed we don't have to put up with the usual myopic nimrods, on here, who take offence at the Albion being used as a stepping stone.
Despite the FACT that's exactly what Mr Bloom wants the signings to do.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
All sounds very promising - thanks for sharing. Our signing from the Belgium league I have been impressed with Ryan and Izquierdo (shame about his injuries last season, in his first season he was excellent). It’s the Dutch league where we seem to waste our money (with Propper being the one exception).

Knockaert turned out ok too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But that's the thing, you're not aspiring, you're on the way down. We used to look up to you, but you became complacent and stopped putting the effort it. Now you're an old has been, and something of a laughing stock.

Look my SAUCE dried up - close to sell by date but I have 56 others I can go to. Told you an ELUSIVE just now - Trosshard has singed and announcement IMITATION*

* 0 days - 7 years

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not according to BG we should sell him for £3-5m and be grateful.

So we should definitely keep him then...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hope you're wrong bud
These punts never pay off for us.

That’s the spirit! Chin-up mate! [emoji106]

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove

Thanks for the great insight. Fingers crossed we get this deal done.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hope you're wrong bud

Wish I owned shares in Kleenex , their tissue sales must have sky rocketed with all the crying you’re doing this summer

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hope you're wrong bud

I have to admit we haven't got on particularly well with some of these big money signings from obscure leagues - I'd favour trying to get some deals done for Championship prospects like Bournemouth did for Brooks last season for similar cash. But you'd hope we'll strike gold eventually!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here