Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Using little Brighton as a stepping stone hasn't actually worked out too well for many of our foreign superstars yet, has it? Unless Manchester United are planning to rescue Jurgen Locadia from his Amex hell ...

If Jurgen's favourite manager ( not CH ! ) gets the Derby job after Lampard leaves, then he has a ready made loan there in January if he doesn't make the grade under Potter...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
According to Paul Joyce on Twitter, "Brighton were among a number of clubs interested in Marko Grujic, but acted too late."

He's gone back on loan to Hertha from Liverpool. 5 goals in 23 games last season doesn't sound as if we've missed out on much but 'acted too late' is worrying.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
According to Paul Joyce on Twitter, "Brighton were among a number of clubs interested in Marko Grujic, but acted too late."

He's gone back on loan to Hertha from Liverpool. 5 goals in 23 games last season doesn't sound as if we've missed out on much but 'acted too late' is worrying.

Probably tried to negotiate something that was non negotiable due to the interest from a few clubs I’d guess, whilst Hertha pushed it through as a priority

Of course, we may not have been that interested.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

We've been on our hols, can't be expected to work. Nothing pressing needed... just 3 first team starters (assuming we lose nobody).

If I have to hear more muppets suggesting that Potter 'needs time to assess the players in training' I'll tear chunks of my hair out. Pick out highlights of any 5 games last season and you will identify where the gaping holes are in less than half an hour. The window closes in a month, most targets should have been identified and pursued already.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It means we are either

(a) dropping further down our list for a central midfielder, after not landing anyone higher or

(b) the Propper->Ajax deal has suddenly become live and we are only just starting the replacement hunt.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It means we are either

(a) dropping further down our list for a central midfielder, after not landing anyone higher or

(b) the Propper->Ajax deal has suddenly become live and we are only just starting the replacement hunt.

Or maybe we wanted to buy and Liverpool only wanted to loan..... loads of scenarios....good that we are looking at CMF though..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Or maybe we wanted to buy and Liverpool only wanted to loan..... loads of scenarios....good that we are looking at CMF though..
Yes, although the issue was that we 'acted too late', not that we wanted something different.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Yes, although the issue was that we 'acted too late', not that we wanted something different.

things will always be changing, maybe we had a plan, things changed he fell into plan at last minute too late etc etc

we certainly need to get busy in some key areas though as so far we are almost identical to last year (Trossard swap for Jose) and Clarke as a squad addition.........

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Marko who? Because he’s barely (if ever) kicked a ball for Liverpool he’s automatically going to be an upgrade in our engine room? Sake. I’d be VERY worried if that was genuinely the standard of CM we were looking at. We need players who at least have experience in this division. Newcastle must be ripe for plucking right now, Hayden or Shelvey (who ran the game for them at ours last season) must be ‘gettable’ surely?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Marko who? Because he’s barely (if ever) kicked a ball for Liverpool he’s automatically going to be an upgrade in our engine room? Sake. I’d be VERY worried if that was genuinely the standard of CM we were looking at. We need players who at least have experience in this division. Newcastle must be ripe for plucking right now, Hayden or Shelvey (who ran the game for them at ours last season) must be ‘gettable’ surely?

I'd rather see Murray than Shelvey starting for the Albion, next month.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather see Murray than Shelvey starting for the Albion, next month.

TBH there is zero chance we will sign Shelvey because of his attitude problems, but how would you feel if they were both in our starting 11 for the first Prem game!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Hayden is more Chris than Graham... and Shelvey is a great player, but defo a no-go for us due to him being a bit of a d1ck...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've missed this transfer. To turn down Champions League football and join us says a lot. 14 goals as a winger for the Belgian champions makes me optimistic.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
When’s Trossard linking up with the squad as I haven’t seen him in any of the training photos as yet.

Edit: just seen him in one of the photos so ignore!

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We've been on our hols, can't be expected to work. Nothing pressing needed... just 3 first team starters (assuming we lose nobody).

If I have to hear more muppets suggesting that Potter 'needs time to assess the players in training' I'll tear chunks of my hair out. Pick out highlights of any 5 games last season and you will identify where the gaping holes are in less than half an hour. The window closes in a month, most targets should have been identified and pursued already.

The delusional “we have a fantastic squad already, no significant signings are required” posts, thankfully mean nothing. @El Pres confirmed a couple of weeks back that the club have a transfer budget equal to last summer’s, so I would expect TB to invest heavily in the next 4 weeks to give Potter the first team tools to keep us at the top table. A relegation would be a devastating blow to TB, due to the club’s high cost base.

RB, ACM, box to box CM and CF are hopefully in the pipeline.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here