Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The majority of Burnley's signings over the last 4 years have been the rising stars of the Championship. They go for proven hungry players based in Britain (not necessarily British) who have proven themselves settled and having the right attributes. Bournemouth also have a good mix of buying UK based players as well as looking abroad.

Where we have gone wrong I feel isn't buying a foreign player, it is making ALL our signings from outside the UK. I think this may change if we are looking at the likes of Clarke now, and strike a balance between foreign signings who have the whole settling into a new country etc. ( [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] can give you the full run down of reasons they may not perform...) and those players proven at competing in the UK and the English leagues.

Good point.

The signing of Clarke is a good move in direction and despite the negativity on here I think he is a great signing.

There's loads of players playing below the Premier league that can excel in the perm . Of course there are duds but a good mix is the way to go for me. If it doesn't work out and we end up relegated then the foreigners for large money will be off but the signings like Clarke will remain to get us back up. Bigger picture for me

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Also down to natural talent and ability to adapt to a higher standard of football.

Slow players generally do not gain pace overnight.

Gross flew from the start as he has natural ability and great technique, which masks his lack of pace.

Suttner great technique but was in a position that demanded pace so has struggled.

Bernardo struggled to adapt. Hughton got his introduction ‘bang on’ IMO.

You're saying it might be down to the player and not just the manager / coaching? That is out there thinking...:mad:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The majority of Burnley's signings over the last 4 years have been the rising stars of the Championship. They go for proven hungry players based in Britain (not necessarily British) who have proven themselves settled and having the right attributes. Bournemouth also have a good mix of buying UK based players as well as looking abroad.

Where we have gone wrong I feel isn't buying a foreign player, it is making ALL our signings from outside the UK. I think this may change if we are looking at the likes of Clarke now, and strike a balance between foreign signings who have the whole settling into a new country etc. ( [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] can give you the full run down of reasons they may not perform...) and those players proven at competing in the UK and the English leagues.

Dan Burn realises sadly that he is already a forgotten man.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I Need a Hero

Where have all the good men gone
Where are all the gents?
We need to find a new hero
So we travelled out to Genk
There we found a white knight
upon a fiery steed
We negotiated back and forth
And then we paid a record fee

We need Leandro
I'm holding out for Leandro for the left or the right
He's looks really strong
And he looks really fast
And his new wife looks rather tight
We need Leandro

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No that's cool; on the proven thing, not proven and hungry as attributes of English Leagues, proven and hungry within the experience of English Leagues. I don't doubt players are proven and hungry from elsewhere, but it has a greater chance of doubt that it transfers into the demands of the English game without experience of it. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just more risk it might not.

Quite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Trossard is on a plane to Brighton right now. Source; the instagram story, of new Mrs Trossard

View attachment 111979

763.jpeg

Fled to London???

https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/be...familieclub-genk-achter-me-te-laten~a45198d4/

Racing Genk says goodbye to Leandro Trossard (24). The champion maker goes for nearly 20 million euros to the Premier League and Brighton, where he is undergoing medical tests today and will sign a five-year contract. This morning the Limburg winger left via Zaventem and London towards the south coast of England. “I have a very good feeling at Brighton and I also had a personal conversation with the coach (Graham Potter, ed.) That convinced me. He wants to attack and I fit in that picture. It is also a club that can give me playing minutes so that I can evolve further. As a true Genkenaar it is of course not easy to leave this family club behind me, but I am ready for a new adventure at Brighton. ”

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
That looks like Club Europe on a BA plane, quick scan the airwaves to find it!

So looks like from Brussels, all BA flights go to LHR, last one landed around 09:45, so he could be on his way the M25 as we speak....I'm sensing a deja vou moment for some reason.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm still trying to get my head around the fees that Little Old Brighton are now paying for players. 20 Million Euros for one player-incredible.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1143446703883862016[/tweet]

What airport that? Not Heathrow or Gatwick.

His missus (?) has a nice rack.
But why does he look like he is being flanked by Russian heavies?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Surely on his salary he could afford to buy a new pair of jeans? ???
You're looking at his jeans in that picture?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Agree 100% however we have (almost ) signed a player for less, almost certainly less on wages, for a player with similar potential (maybe) We could have a bargain or a duffer......a situation not unlike United, whoever we sign from a ' lower ' league is a gamble, British, Belgium, Dutch ect ect

Top stuff and I wholeheartedly agree. At this level, proven quality or 'next big thing' signings are virtually impossible for a club like us, with the current wage structure and sustainable business model. Therefore, as you say, ALL of our signings are a risk to a greater or lesser extent. A championship player might not be able to step up, even after blazing 25 goals last time around... Look at David Nugent, couldn't deliver after being tipped as the nest big thing. Ultimately the signings from Holland, Belgium etc. represent the same risk, but (in all likelihood) for lesser wages and potentially a bigger profit on a future sale... whilst at the same time, probably costing us less (in tangible losses) if they fail and return to the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here