Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Possibly but have to rely on the management to make that call. Our wage bill has increased over time so not impossible but would like to think we become more competitive to keep / retain players.

I don’t really know how / why but I fear we become another Southampton and lose to many players we cant replace

Agreed. We've lost too many key players in the last 15 months: White, Burn, Biss, Cucu, Maupay. Add in the likes of Ostigard too, and also that several of our best players are attracting heavy interest (Mac, Tross, Caicedo, Sanchez). Not sure we can afford to lose much more than one in the next two windows. The 'production line' or 'conveyor belt' will break down if we lose too many too quickly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kind of makes me think with all the sales we’ve made we should be looking to increase wages significantly for some of our key players now especially if we expect top half finishes regularly. We can’t keep getting ‘lucky’ and produce as many PL ready replacements so easily

Yep. Why singe expensive new replacements when we could consolidate with what we have. Now we are (*cough*) to 4 (for a few days)? :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. We've lost too many key players in the last 15 months: White, Burn, Biss, Cucu, Maupay. Add in the likes of Ostigard too, and also that several of our best players are attracting heavy interest (Mac, Tross, Caicedo, Sanchez). Not sure we can afford to lose much more than one in the next two windows. The 'production line' or 'conveyor belt' will break down if we lose too many too quickly.

I agree. Stains were held up as the perfect model, eventually the huge player profits dried up.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Heard it a few times, particularly away games but hasn’t really caught on yet.
Because let's be honest, it's crap. When does anyone actually say 'FC' in any context other than maybe Barcelona or United of Manchester.

Some of the youngsters at Spurs last year had a good one to the tune of 'Heaven is place on earth' (Leo Trossard is the best on earth) and there was also one to Voulez Vous which was pretty good too. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
De Zerbi is meant to have dossiers on players, he is supposed to be very specific on not just the type of players but the actual players. I’d expect his interview with B&B was a two way thing, the club has money, he’ll have targets.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
De Zerbi is meant to have dossiers on players, he is supposed to be very specific on not just the type of players but the actual players. I’d expect his interview with B&B was a two way thing, the club has money, he’ll have targets.

yep, as much as he's become know for managing on a budget, I highly doubt you get one of the most promising young mangers in europe unless you tell him that there'll be a couple of quid to spend

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Article in Sporting Life, says Potter 'is' coming for Caicedo and Trossard, so I expect them to go.
I also expect the backroom boys will already be working on this.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Article in Sporting Life, says Potter 'is' coming for Caicedo and Trossard, so I expect them to go.

I don't trust anything I read in the media as much of it is made up. So I'll not worry.

The Sporting Life rumour was lifted from the Daily Express.

He may well want some of our players, but the Daily Express is not the place to assume truth from.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Well the article I read in Horse and Hounds differs, but quite blatantly says Potter can fvck off and go fish in another pond :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Potter has any decency he will not be coming in for any Albion players. What a way to repay Bloom’s backing if he does. I get why he left, I won’t get him trying to take our best players too.

He is at a club with bottomless pockets, he should have no problem looking elsewhere for players to bring in.

My gut feeling is that he will try and take a couple of our players at least though :down:

scooter1

How soon is now?
If Potter has any decency he will not be coming in for any Albion players. What a way to repay Bloom’s backing if he does. I get why he left, I won’t get him trying to take our best players too.

He is at a club with bottomless pockets, he should have no problem looking elsewhere for players to bring in.

My gut feeling is that he will try and take a couple of our players at least though :down:

There is very little decency in football.
If he rates the players and thinks they are better than what he currently has at his disposal, then he'll go for them. I don't imagine budget will ever be an issue

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I understand why people are so concerned about Potter buying so many of our players.

After all the host of Swansea players he signed whilst he was here is pretty extensive.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I understand why people are so concerned about Potter buying so many of our players.

After all the host of Swansea players he signed whilst he was here is pretty extensive.

But "Sporting Life" - whatever that is - said he's signing Trossard and Caicedo !!! So it must be true, since every rumour you read is always true

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Which of these Swansea players were good enough to step up to the PL? Who know if we were in for James but as United were interested we had no chance. Anyone else?

I really hope GP has enough respect for the Albion and especially TB not to come back and pillage more from us :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which of these Swansea players were good enough to step up to the PL? Who know if we were in for James but as United were interested we had no chance. Anyone else?

I really hope GP has enough respect for the Albion and especially TB not to come back and pillage more from us :shrug:

Not really about respect, it’s just business, plain and simple. Potter will go after anyone he thinks he needs, but we’ll absolutely rinse them for every last penny if anyone else does go there.

We’re now clearly in the space where our very best players can only sensibly move to a handful of teams if they want to improve themselves (or their wages/chances of winning things), and if that happens the buying club will be under no illusions that striking a deal with Bloom/Barber is going to cost them an arm and a leg.

I’m relaxed about it - it’s our model and it’s working.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Joe Rodon, Connor Roberts, Oliver McBurnie. Arguably van der Hoorn and Grimes as well.

And when he came to Swansea there was at least five Östersund players good enough for his squad.

Don't think he likes to bring in old players from former clubs, but you never know I suppose - I think Tony is infinitely more interested in talking with Chelsea over future transfers than trying to deal with Manchester City again.

As for pillaging and respect, it is impossible for Chelsea to buy Brighton players without Tony Bloom approving it.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Rodon, McBurnie & James had all had breakout seasons. The first two play in positions where we recruited from the championship that season. Roberts, Grimes & Fer wouldn’t have been bad either.

I’m not saying there’s no chance he signs one of our players but the hysteria on here is mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here