Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Hamstring InjuryOct 23, 2018Nov 9, 2018 17 days
18/19Shoulder InjuryOct 5, 2018Oct 18, 2018 13 days
17/18Torn MuscleAug 20, 2017Dec 8,
2017 110 days
16/17Hamstring InjuryMay 16, 2017Jun 16, 2017 31 days
16/17Muscle InjuryMay 6, 2017May 15, 2017 9 days

180 days injured in the last 2 and a bit seasons not great it must be said !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However if you look at number of games missed in the time period it's not so bad 13 days out probably = 3 or 4 games missed, 110 days out = 15 or 18 games, 9 days out = 2 games so over two full seasons he missed around 24 games

The Belgium top league is 16 teams plus a championship mini league That's 40 games a season plus cup games let's assume that's an additional 5 games a season then he could have played around 100 games and he missed around 24 of them

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Mental to think was less than 10 years ago we broke the club record to sign Glenn Murray for 300k. Can clearly remember the buzz this created and how it felt like we were one of the big boys chucking money about.

Look now !!!

Glenn Murray wasn't a record signing at £300k - we paid £500k for Andy Ritchie back in the 80's, and that was only surpassed once we had to pay up Bristol Rovers hefty sell-on clause for Bobby Zamora when he went to Tottenham.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
See Fulham for details. They had a bunch of unsuitable foreigners too.

Buying one player for their attacking strengths isn't really comparable to a whole team of them when really what was needed was some defensive reinforcement, is it? It was clear to see that we needed a bit more in 'the final third'. If we can keep the defensive unit in tact, why would his signing be 'unsuitable'?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Odds on Norwich guzumping us last minute?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't get this settling into a new country and league as being a factor. I left the UK aged 23 and emigrated to Canada. I wasn't earning anything like footballers earn but for me it was an exciting time of my life. I loved the experience despite having a normal job and normal income. Becoming a multi millionaire doing something you love for a few hours a week in a new country should need zero settling in time. As for the different league: possibly but it didn't seem to bother the likes of De Bruyne, Hazard and dozens more. Hopefully our man Trossard does as well as they've done.

So if you take on board the philosophy of the aggregate of marginal gains at the top of elite sports, that means everything has an impact on the performance of a player, no matter how small. The aggregate of these gains is what can give you the edge over your competitors. These gains will be different and personal for each player. Some will relish it, find it exciting and may well kick on. Others will not. If you believe that this should all be neutralised by pay level, and basically it is all down to the manager, then I can see why you'd say what you are saying.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Understand what you are saying, and there will always be exceptions.

But equally should you continue repeating the same mistake?

Funnily enough, I feel more confident in Trossard than I do Locadia or AJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What mistake...we're buying a player with what one can imagine, who has different attributes to what we currently have. The league is irrelevant because we are looking at attributes of a player and how that fits within our playing style.

Montoya played 60 odd games for Barcelona, and I'm not overly convinced by him, we also bought that Jack Harper from Real Madrid, he didn't turn out great. Therefore, players from the top 2 clubs in La Liga are not good enough. Same logic, just fatally flawed.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Buying one player for their attacking strengths isn't really comparable to a whole team of them when really what was needed was some defensive reinforcement, is it? It was clear to see that we needed a bit more in 'the final third'. If we can keep the defensive unit in tact, why would his signing be 'unsuitable'?

We've already got half a team-worth of powderpuffs from crap leagues prior to this signing.
Could have Ali J and this bloke on the wings. Locadia up front. Our rivals will be quaking in their boots.

The only thing we appear to have going for us is a sturdy defensive unit (well, 4/5ths of it) but every mention of Potter is linked to "attacking mentality".
Play to your strengths. And stop making every attacking signing a complete gamble.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Depends a couple of resent ones identified heart problems they went on for some considerable time

Now you’ve gone and done it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here