Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well Izzy is always injured. And guess what ...this guy is injury prone too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If the definition of injury prone is playing 47 games in a season, scoring hatfuls of goals and assists and captaining your club/ winning the league title then bring it on.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So looks like from Brussels, all BA flights go to LHR, last one landed around 09:45, so he could be on his way the M25 as we speak....I'm sensing a deja vou moment for some reason.

If he's that fast, he'll have to slow down for the new Pritchard speed cameras on M25!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What you say is true

Top stuff and I wholeheartedly agree. At this level, proven quality or 'next big thing' signings are virtually impossible for a club like us, with the current wage structure and sustainable business model. Therefore, as you say, ALL of our signings are a risk to a greater or lesser extent. A championship player might not be able to step up, even after blazing 25 goals last time around... Look at David Nugent, couldn't deliver after being tipped as the nest big thing. Ultimately the signings from Holland, Belgium etc. represent the same risk, but (in all likelihood) for lesser wages and potentially a bigger profit on a future sale... whilst at the same time, probably costing us less (in tangible losses) if they fail and return to the EU.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mental to think was less than 10 years ago we broke the club record to sign Glenn Murray for 300k. Can clearly remember the buzz this created and how it felt like we were one of the big boys chucking money about.

Look now !!!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'm still trying to get my head around the fees that Little Old Brighton are now paying for players. 20 Million Euros for one player-incredible.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
And that the press (I assume) are bothered enough by our transfer activity to be roaming airports hoping to snap our new signings. Can’t say I’ve seen that before.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Leandro Trossard

If the definition of injury prone is playing 47 games in a season, scoring hatfuls of goals and assists and captaining your club/ winning the league title then bring it on.

Hamstring InjuryOct 23, 2018Nov 9, 2018 17 days
18/19Shoulder InjuryOct 5, 2018Oct 18, 2018 13 days
17/18Torn MuscleAug 20, 2017Dec 8,
2017 110 days
16/17Hamstring InjuryMay 16, 2017Jun 16, 2017 31 days
16/17Muscle InjuryMay 6, 2017May 15, 2017 9 days

180 days injured in the last 2 and a bit seasons not great it must be said !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
View attachment 111980

Fled to London???

https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/be...familieclub-genk-achter-me-te-laten~a45198d4/

Racing Genk says goodbye to Leandro Trossard (24). The champion maker goes for nearly 20 million euros to the Premier League and Brighton, where he is undergoing medical tests today and will sign a five-year contract. This morning the Limburg winger left via Zaventem and London towards the south coast of England. “I have a very good feeling at Brighton and I also had a personal conversation with the coach (Graham Potter, ed.) That convinced me. He wants to attack and I fit in that picture. It is also a club that can give me playing minutes so that I can evolve further. As a true Genkenaar it is of course not easy to leave this family club behind me, but I am ready for a new adventure at Brighton. ”

****s sake. One day we'll learn but not in this division.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
On the point that was discussed earlier about buying proven players ....... There’s a problem with proven players, quite often they don’t have anything left to prove.

The teams that went down the year before last were a good example, West Brom, Stoke and (to a lesser extent) Swansea were rammed full of “proven” premier league players. Gareth Barry, Charlie Adam, Bony, plus loads more. Great players when you’re half way up the league and winning more than you lose. None of them looked much like to me that they were fighting tooth and nail to stay up

Proven players also cost more to recruit and pay. We’ve got our recruitment strategy spot on. Though clearly we can’t expect a 100% success rate.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm still trying to get my head around the fees that Little Old Brighton are now paying for players. 20 Million Euros for one player-incredible.

Just imagine when we start spending that kinda cash on players who are good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here